Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my ongoing LC9 fiasco (and Ruger's DGAF attitude about the situation)...I decided to get an EDC that I can actually trust right out of the box. I debated the 19gen4 but decided for summer the 26 is a better choice, a 19 will likely follow this fall. It came with 3 10rd mags, I bought a 17rd mag and will also get a 15rd mag when I find one. A few pics for now:

Font Technology Electronic device Number
Gadget Technology Electronic device Hand Photography
Ammunition
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

Anyone notice something about the test fire casings? Maybe they're trying to tell us something?
Button Fastener Textile Outerwear Denim

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Good Luck with your new Roscoe! I have 2003 vintage Gen3 26....good gun!

·
Super Moderator
20,271 Posts
Re the casings, I'm a little concerned about the firing pin "skid marks" in the primer - I see a lot of displaced metal there. It looks to my eye like the gun is trying to eject the spent cartridge while the firing pin is still fully 'home', which suggests a timing situation that's less than ideal. Anyone else catch this, or am I splitting hairs?

Putting that aside, I have a question about using a substantially longer mag in a Glock that normally takes a standard-length mag. Clearly it will fit, but what happens if you slap the long mag home with the same vigor that you (I) use to seat a regular mag? I'm pretty aggressive with mag changes, having been 'burned' in matches by being too delicate about seating mags in a reload. If I carry a long mag like that, I want to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that when I slap that mag home I'm not going to tie up the gun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Luckygunner has mags available - even "on sale" (in the current world pricing context). Full capacity g17, g19 are on special as I write. Many others are in stock as well.

Just ordered a few to replace my original gen2 g17 mags that were starting to cause some ftf's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on the 26! I just picked one up myself a few weeks ago to round out my Glock 9mm lineup. I had a 27 for over a decade but recently decided to consolidate calibers and replace it with the 26. The 26 will make a great summertime option. Enjoy!

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. I posted the casing pics because I found it amusing that they weren't brass, like Glock is saying "try and jam me...come on...try it!"...I'll keep an eye on the primers, I didn't know that might be an issue. After the first range trip I'll post pics of some of the brass casings.

This Glock is the starting point of a 9mm Glock family I want to build. This may sound silly, but the reason most of all I went with the 26 instead of the 19 is that this time of year it will be most instantly usable. If it were November, I probably would have gotten the 19. Right now, I'm planning on adding a model every 4-6 months if possible. Next will be a 19, then probably a 34 or 34c. I don't really see the point of getting a 17 since it's not much different in size than the 19 and the 34 has unique traits with the long barrel/slide.

As to mags, it came with the 3 10rd, I bought the 17 and 19 mag at two different Academy Sports stores, paid $30 per mag. I do intend to get night sights soon, probably TFOs. As of right now, the larger mags are for backup/range use, I don't worry about the concern of jamming it during reloads.

Can someone clue me in as to the best mag extensions, plus capacity or otherwise?

Also, anyone use a MIC holster on a Glock? I have one for my PF9 and am planning on getting a Glock one as well...aka "Plaxico Prevention Device".

1 - 20 of 49 Posts