Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my ongoing LC9 fiasco (and Ruger's DGAF attitude about the situation)...I decided to get an EDC that I can actually trust right out of the box. I debated the 19gen4 but decided for summer the 26 is a better choice, a 19 will likely follow this fall. It came with 3 10rd mags, I bought a 17rd mag and will also get a 15rd mag when I find one. A few pics for now:

image (7).jpg image (10).jpg image (9).jpg image (8).jpg

Anyone notice something about the test fire casings? Maybe they're trying to tell us something?
image (11).jpg

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Good Luck with your new Roscoe! I have 2003 vintage Gen3 26....good gun!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Congrats on the new Glock 26. I really like my Gen 4 G27 and the other subcompact Glocks as well. Are you planning to install night sights?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good choice on the G26. I picked up a G19 and a G26 last year and the G26 has been my favorite by far. It's so handy yet very shootable.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
congrats may it serve you well

·
Super Moderator
19,438 Posts
Re the casings, I'm a little concerned about the firing pin "skid marks" in the primer - I see a lot of displaced metal there. It looks to my eye like the gun is trying to eject the spent cartridge while the firing pin is still fully 'home', which suggests a timing situation that's less than ideal. Anyone else catch this, or am I splitting hairs?

Putting that aside, I have a question about using a substantially longer mag in a Glock that normally takes a standard-length mag. Clearly it will fit, but what happens if you slap the long mag home with the same vigor that you (I) use to seat a regular mag? I'm pretty aggressive with mag changes, having been 'burned' in matches by being too delicate about seating mags in a reload. If I carry a long mag like that, I want to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that when I slap that mag home I'm not going to tie up the gun.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Well done. I did the opposite: just bought a Gen 4 19, and will get a 26 in a bit.

Where in the hell did you get mags? I need a pair or three 19 mags.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Luckygunner has mags available - even "on sale" (in the current world pricing context). Full capacity g17, g19 are on special as I write. Many others are in stock as well.

Just ordered a few to replace my original gen2 g17 mags that were starting to cause some ftf's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on the 26! I just picked one up myself a few weeks ago to round out my Glock 9mm lineup. I had a 27 for over a decade but recently decided to consolidate calibers and replace it with the 26. The 26 will make a great summertime option. Enjoy!

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. I posted the casing pics because I found it amusing that they weren't brass, like Glock is saying "try and jam me...come on...try it!"...I'll keep an eye on the primers, I didn't know that might be an issue. After the first range trip I'll post pics of some of the brass casings.

This Glock is the starting point of a 9mm Glock family I want to build. This may sound silly, but the reason most of all I went with the 26 instead of the 19 is that this time of year it will be most instantly usable. If it were November, I probably would have gotten the 19. Right now, I'm planning on adding a model every 4-6 months if possible. Next will be a 19, then probably a 34 or 34c. I don't really see the point of getting a 17 since it's not much different in size than the 19 and the 34 has unique traits with the long barrel/slide.

As to mags, it came with the 3 10rd, I bought the 17 and 19 mag at two different Academy Sports stores, paid $30 per mag. I do intend to get night sights soon, probably TFOs. As of right now, the larger mags are for backup/range use, I don't worry about the concern of jamming it during reloads.

Can someone clue me in as to the best mag extensions, plus capacity or otherwise?

Also, anyone use a MIC holster on a Glock? I have one for my PF9 and am planning on getting a Glock one as well...aka "Plaxico Prevention Device".

1 - 20 of 49 Posts