Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of research, online and hands on, and some divine intervention (Glock 26s not available in town), a little Glock 30 followed me home today. The final tipping factor in the 30 over the 26 was the way it shot and the fact that I already have .45 ammo at home I wont have to hunt down another caliber.

Since I live 3 miles from an outdoor range and the weather is great in Houston this time of year, I need to shoot with this bad boy soon before I start rotating it in with the Ruger LCR.

He looks so lonely by himself.

The other members of the family, big brother Glock 21sf, Ruger LCR and Remington 870 12 guage say hi and welcom aboard.

Tom and Crow say howdy. And if you dont know who Tom and Crow are, you have not lived.

·
Registered
40,331 Posts
Nice, just like mine! Next on my list is the G22.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Nice! G30 is on my list. I looked at one last Friday, but they wanted $621. Keep us posted on how you like it.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
hard to beat it. they shoot so good. been a long time since i seen tom and crow.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love my G 30.
Carries nice, shoots nice (not so much with HST 230+p), and 11 rounds of .45ACP.
+1 on carrying a G21 13 rnd reload!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Get some Trijicon night sights for that '30' and you are 'good to go'...you're going to love that gun.:danceban:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new G30... great choice...Yea, it's a beautiful day today, better get to the range...:yup:

What range are you near?

·
Registered
359 Posts
The G30 is very accurate with soft recoil, you will love it.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

ON YOUR NEW

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the new G30... great choice...Yea, it's a beautiful day today, better get to the range...:yup:

What range are you near?
About 3 miles from Hot Wells Shooting Range. Took my CHL class there. Kind of "rustic", but it is outside and I prefer that.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Congrats to the new gun! I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats on a great choice! I wish one of those would follow me home from my favorite gun shop!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Great gun, buddy has one. You'll certainly enjoy it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My G30 is my favorite Glock. It gets carried more than any other Glock I own.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went shooting today for the first time with it. It was KILLING me to wait a week to try it out.

Went through a box of 100 Winchester "target/range" 230 grain FMJs.

It was AMAZINGLY fun to shoot. Almost no recoil and it was easy to bring back on target. The "more like a push than a recoil" comment really was true. Not a single firing issue.... other than my own accuracy issues! :frown:

Just got done cleaning and oiling it and "patiently" waiting for my holster to arrive so it can join it's Ruger LCR cousin in concealed carry duty.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts