Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33,980 Posts
I like it here in North Carolina, I have 2.9 acres, a three bedroom three bath 1900sq foot house and it was only $132,000 and my property taxes are $1300/yr.
2.9 acres? That's a lot of landmines.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it here in North Carolina, I have 2.9 acres, a three bedroom three bath 1900sq foot house and it was only $132,000 and my property taxes are $1300/yr.
Even though I live in a red state, I have a 900 sq.ft. house at an appraised value of $165,000 with a $2600 property tax bill. I should move to Wyoming where I could have a house twice the size and a property tax bill that's 1/3 of what it is here. But, moving is easier said than done. At least the weather is a little bit better here than in Cheyenne.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Even though I live in a red state, I have a 900 sq.ft. house at an appraised value of $165,000 with a $2600 property tax bill. I should move to Wyoming where I could have a house twice the size and a property tax bill that's 1/3 of what it is here. But, moving is easier said than done. At least the weather is a little bit better here than in Cheyenne.
Most of us do not consider Cheyenne a part of Wyoming. We call that far south Northern Colorado for good reason. Come a few hours North and Wyoming is still like it was 30 years ago. We just bought our retirement house on a 1/2 acre lot at the edge of town. Only an 800 sq ft 2 bedroom/1 bath but, with garage and parking for the RV. Great city services and they charge me $340 a year in property tax on a house that has been totally upgraded throughout including all new furnace,water heater and new stainless kitchen appliances, granite...the works. New roof,sprinkler system all new hardwood flooring, I could go on. The mortgage and insurance, taxes etc is $595 a month. No gun permit needed unless you want to travel. No income tax and 4% sales tax on non food items. If you like big city entertainment its not for you because its a farming and ranching community here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts