Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, I hope its ok to post a link to another forum, if not, let me know, or take it down, or do what you have to.

This is crap http://sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/702106622

I've talked to Tommel a few times offline, and this is just crap, no matter how in the right he is, they keep screwing him over.:zx11pisse

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
That is messed up, I hope he comes through it alright. And, I will make a couple of copies of mine tomorrow....

·
Administrator
143,597 Posts
Ditto Bumper

Sure turned him into a whipping boy.
I will never go to Philly...for any reason.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The City of Brotherly Love....right.

I bet there have been a few traffic accidents in Philly in the last ten days. Clearly, there are too many cars on the streets. They need to stop issuing driver's licenses and make it more difficult to buy a car.

If the mayor believes the drivel he's spouting, he's a moron. If he doesn't believe it, he's an elitist who believes that the average person can't be trusted. Either way, he fails as a public servant. ("Servant? Me? How DARE you call me that!")

An attorney in a defensive shooting course I took advised that we carry a copy or two of our permit, in order to hand to the officer(s) if necessary. Show them the original, but give them the copy. That way they have any info they need without having to copy it down, and you retain physical control of the permit.

Somebody is really trying to put the screws to this guy. How ironic that this is taking place in the "Birthplace of Independence."

SSKC

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Boy thats totally ..... um cant say what i want to say will give a bad of board impressions just say some colorful stuff ya get where im coming from .... Talk about being Rail roaded poor dude

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
[sarcasm]See? That man should've just gotten himself knifed to death.[/sarcasm]

Unbelievable. I guess I've been enjoying TN for so long that I've forgotten how absurd some other states are. :mad: I can't say much more without censoring myself.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I feel for the guy - I'm currently looking a misdemeanor charge of displaying a deadly weapon here for a recent incident. Affirmative defense can be a bitch.

What have I learned from this? The cardinal rule of "Be the first to call 911" may not be the be-all-and-end-all of the solution.

What other lesson have I learned? Get a second or third carry permit if your own state allows residents to have a carry permit from another state and accepts it as valid.

What's the last one? Details forthcoming after my court date, nothing else before. Mar. 31 initial, then meeting with city attorney shortly thereafter and hopefully dismissal.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Mistakes made. Copy all important documents....always.

Every competent instructor I know preachs, 'be the first to call in'.

Feel bad for the guy, but sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
rfurtkamp, Are you an NRA member? If so, maybe contact them on helping with legal defense. I have read of them doing so in the past. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts