Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a blog link from NevJohn on the thread about the ''Kriss" 45 sub - I found this clip of the most amazing draw and double shot with an SA revo.

The guy draws and fans two shots - and seemingly hits plates.!!! I had not seen it but maybe some have - anyways, worth a peek - only 350k or so.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
My son has the video this guy sells, N he's been practicing with his colt SA snap caps of course.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
WoW !!! :blink:

·
Registered
737 Posts
:35: The term 'warp speed' comes to mind.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I've never seen this guy before but he's doing what Bob Munden has been doing for several decades now. In fact I've seen video of Bob doing this exact shot.

There are many more that Bob has done, such as;
firing 6 six shots from a SAA faster than a 1911 can.
Drawing a SAA, firing and hitting the target in .0175 seconds. That's the world record. Understand, it takes .12 seconds to blink your eye.

It's good to see someone new come along and carry on the traditions of fast draw.

·
Super Moderator
22,004 Posts
I believe Cal Eilrich won his first championship in 1971.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
I saw another Video about him a while ago and he is so fast I thought the video had been doctored!

·
Registered
810 Posts
That's who I was thinking of -- Bob Munden. He fires with each of his fingers of his left hand, each finger is cocking the gun. I've read in several books that the fastest first shot from any hangun is with a single action. Wasn't it Ed McGivern who could shoot a double action revolver faster than a semi-auto could cycle?
I've read lots of posts on other forums about point shooting vs aimed shooting and I always remember my great uncle. He carried a single action Colt 45 and just fired it right from his hip... and hit whatever he was looking at. I wish I were that good --- and I still would rather use a single action revolver as anything else (but if I had to reload, I would sure need to stop time or something....).

·
Super Moderator
22,004 Posts
(but if I had to reload, I would sure need to stop time or something....).
Try using a 1911 magazine as a speed loader, works slick. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
22,004 Posts
You can also use a 1911 magazine as a speedloader, if your SAA happens to be chambered for the .45ACP.
After ejecting the empties, place a loaded mag just above the loading gate and push the rounds into the chambers with your thumb. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
OD said:
You can also use a 1911 magazine as a speedloader, if your SAA happens to be chambered for the .45ACP.
After ejecting the empties, place a loaded mag just above the loading gate and push the rounds into the chambers with your thumb. :biggrin2:

Damn, that's clever! :yup: Could always get Desert Eagle mags for the magnum calibers I suppose. Might be a wee bit expensive though, not sure.
Jack

·
Super Moderator
22,004 Posts
I wish I could take credit for that Jack, but I can't. I was shown that by friend, Jim Taylor. He is a founding member of "The Shootist" and a true gunman. Of course he also shoots a stock Winchester 94 at 1000+ meters. :tongue:
http://www.leejurras.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=413

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
OD said:
Of course he also shoots a stock Winchester 94 at 1000+ meters.
I could do that with my 94...... I just wouldn't hit anything!! :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts