Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was, headed back to Iraq, and I wanted to have a hatchet or some such with me for various reasons.

I went to Home Depot, the best place for "Found Weaponry", and voila!

There was this nifty item:
Amazon.com: Stanley 55-099 FatMax Xtreme Fubar Functional Utility Bar: Home Improvement

I fell in love right away. I cadged a generic CamelBak holster out of a dumpster in Kuwait, and it fit perfectly on my back.

Not only is it very effective at breaching :yup:(and a heck of a lot cheaper than the "kits" available from Blackhawk!), it saved our behinds in Ar Ramadi when the drive shaft fell out the bottom of my Humvee. In the middle of the Red Zone. In the middle of the Main Drag.:gah:

It knocked the shaft loose, and "unfroze" the tow pintle to rig-for-tow.

I still keep it in my truck (now a Ford Explorer) for whatever comes around the bend, be it a busted drive shaft, a cantankerous piece of inoperative metal, or the errant BG at the window.

Apparently, Stanley (the manufacturer) listened to our praise of the item, as they now offer the same thing in a slightly different configuration especially for breaching and such, but at a remarkably higher price.

Look up the Stanley FatMax FuBar for all the purchase options.

Good for your home, vehicle, or BOB!:hand10:

:smoke23:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Anything called Fubar has got to be good. :wink:
I love the FUBAR reference in the product. +1 to Stanley on that one for sure!

$30 at Home Depot? Sounds like a good deal. I'm going to swing my local one and take a peek. I found it at Lowes, but I prefer that gray to the yellow.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
That's one heck off a recking bar ;-)
H/D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
More than a few people in my agency have bought those as personal tools.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have one that I bought on Amazon shortly after it was marketed. I've used it once to remove some 2 x 4's in a small storage building. It's a great tool. You can clasp a 2 x 4 and twist and maneuver it out. It can take the place of a nail remover and crowbar.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Anything that has that many uses and obviously can tear stuff up that well has to be a great tool. I want one so I can start breaking stuff. LOL

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
It's an awesome tool, take it from a home wrecker....Ughh, I mean renovator. :gah:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts