Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Beretta Carry. Just a terrific, extremely well built firearm. Extremely mild shooting, Magazines that are 1911 custom quality, and will last a life time. A super price for such a quality firearm. I have two Nano's and one has 15,000 rounds down range. Modular design, easy to work on, few parts, and robust build. Very under rated firearm.At $299.00 you will not find a better high quality Micro.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
It does seem like a great deal and I am sure it is a great gun.

I was surprised, though, to compare it side by side on the HandgunHero site with the P365 I just bought. Amazingly, the 365 is smaller and lighter, holds more rounds and is only $100 more MSRP.
But is it optics ready?

Reactions: APX-9M

·
Registered
21,670 Posts
The Beretta Carry. Just a terrific, extremely well built firearm. Extremely mild shooting, Magazines that are 1911 custom quality, and will last a life time. A super price for such a quality firearm. I have two Nano's and one has 15,000 rounds down range. Modular design, easy to work on, few parts, and robust build. Very under rated firearm.At $299.00 you will not find a better high quality Micro.

I need to try one of those.

Reactions: Pocketgunner

·
Registered
833 Posts
That is one fugly firearm. Don't get me wrong, I think Beretta makes some nice pieces, but I took one look and wanted to wash my eyes out.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
I dont get it ... Its a ok price but its not that small a gun .. Its almost at the height of a max 9 or sig 365 .. Price is ok but again I have seen 356 and other over 10 round for 350-400 ..

The only use I can see of it is for deep carry where a double stack would stick out too much

And I agree I like there guns but I wont own any of there plastic ones I have most were not that great bad triggers limited aftermarket esp long term ... And yeah they look ugggggly esp the APX line

Reactions: jmf552

·
Registered
365 Posts
Site linked lists width as "12.0000"... I'm assuming that's mm, and wow, what great quality control they have to produce a polymer frame with tolerances down to 100 nanometers! I guess when it's a micro pistol, every few nanometers count.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It does seem like a great deal and I am sure it is a great gun.

I was surprised, though, to compare it side by side on the HandgunHero site with the P365 I just bought. Amazingly, the 365 is smaller and lighter, holds more rounds and is only $100 more MSRP.
Actually the gun is smaller than it appears. I do not have the NEW carry (which is Optics ready) but do have two Nano's and my son has the Carry. I can also switch out grips with the Carry and the Nano. I do have a 365XL which for me is not as nice a shooter as the Beretta. I still prefer the Nano as it fits my hand perfectly and much milder and controllable than the Sig. I also prefer the Single stack over the double stack for a gun this size. 8 +1 is fine with me. I know the 365 fairly well. Myself and 4 others at my club do our own testing of firearms, each contributing 250 rds to test a gun out. Our results mirrored GUN-TEST magazines on the 365 (the also did a review of the Carry which was their pick with a A rating.. Yes, a nice gun for many but not for all. I really do not see why the 365 is always used in comparison? There are other Micro 9mm's out there.
The Nano for instance is much smaller than it appears.

I am NOT saying this gun is for all anymore than I believe the 365 or Hellcat is for all. No one shoe is meant for all. But the guns need to be shot side by side to get a real comparison. I have done this and much prefer the Beretta. Yes, I will most likely be getting the New Carry one, even though I hate to do this with such a terrible ammo supply. But at $299, it will hard to resist.
Nano compared to very light weigh Kahr which is smaller in size to the 365. . (And I love the Kahr's)

Nano and older Carry

Originial Carry with 8+1 * Note, I like the fact that there is a recessed take down. One thing I do not like about my Kahr's and 365.. The slide serrations are really nice and fuctional.

Here is my Nano vs my Ruger LC9S

Reactions: Eric357

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I dont get it ... Its a ok price but its not that small a gun .. Its almost at the height of a max 9 or sig 365 .. Price is ok but again I have seen 356 and other over 10 round for 350-400 ..

The only use I can see of it is for deep carry where a double stack would stick out too much

And I agree I like there guns but I wont own any of there plastic ones I have most were not that great bad triggers limited aftermarket esp long term ... And yeah they look ugggggly esp the APX line
Bad triggers? Obviously you do not like smooth DAO triggers. Many don't like them just like the Kahr. Ugly? I would say that is in the eye of the beholder. I am not a Glock fan, some say they are ugly, I actually like the looks of them. Each to his own. After market support? Other than a Night Sight which are very available, I personally do not need any more after market products. For me the gun does not either. I have quite a few nice holsters etc. I have many spare parts for the long haul. Why would I want a 365 if it does not fit my hand which it does not? Or why would I buy the 365 when I prefer the Beretta for the way it shoots and handles? Have you actually shot one? Or just commenting against them? As for smaller size, then hey, get a 380, I love them. Huge fan of the Pico as well.Some great "DEEP" undercover guns out there in the present market. I have quite a few.
You love the Sig 365 and that is great. It is the gun for you. It is a lovely firearm, just not for me. Actually plan to get rid of mine.

I have nothing against the 365 and did not post to disparage the 365. Only to show that a good deal is out there for a quality firearm that might be a good fit for certain people.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
At least "nice carry gun" is a 9mm not a lesser caliber.

·
Registered
21,670 Posts
Surprisingly, the P365 grip is the same width as the APX and shorter.
I don’t care for the 365. I tried it and the Hellcat when I was wading in to the single stack 9mm genre, and found the PPS to be a better pistol.

The shape of the grip, and the little extra weight made it shoot like a full size gun, yet carry like a much smaller gun.

A few rounds of capacity difference isn’t really much of an incentive over shooting characteristics when you are talking about a magazine fed pistol.

I know everyone is piling on the 365 and Hellcat bandwagon, but personally I found other criteria to override the little capacity difference.

·
Premium Member
6,632 Posts
Reactions: sparkyfender

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[
Surprisingly, the P365 grip is the same width as the APX and shorter.
Width of the grip is the same but not the grip itself. For myself, I have a size large hand and wear a size xtra large Glove and the 365 is not a good fit for me. The grip space from the receiver is too narrow. I actually have more room for my off hand with the small Pico. Again, I am not keen on the large take down lever. Even though I love my Kahr's, this is the only think I have against them. And carry gun should be the perfect fit for the owner. I have tried out most of them and found what I prefer. If the 365 is a great fit for you then Bravo. You have hit a home run.

Nano behind LCP
Nano

I just prefer to have more space for the offhand which I use for control and works for me. If the Sig 365 works for you and others than great. Hopefully those wanting one can get one on sale now for $299.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
The Nano was one I was considering for my first carry. However, after only one shot I knew it was out of the question, for me. I don't remember exactly what was wrong with it, but not for me. If it fits you, it's a fine tool. As with any firearm, especially pistols and revolvers, shoot one before you buy. I love the p365 too, but it spins in my hand and takes too much concentration to get the next round off. Maybe with a Hogue grip it might be fine for me, but I'll stick with my Shield. Buying a great gun at a great price that doesn't match your hands well is a waste of ammo budget.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
There's only so much looking at Handgun Hero comparisons and comparing .2 or .3 inches length, height, and/or width ya can do. There's only so much wondering about capacity ya can do. I don't think there's enough size difference in ANY of the "micro" or "subcompact" 9 mms to make much of any difference. The capacity matters to some, but not to me. It all boils down to what fits you and what you think is a good shooting, well-made, reliable, and durable choice.
I went through it when I looked at the Shield, G43, Ruger, Sig P365, and the others I could put my hands on, and chose the Shield. Part of that was the fact that the P365 was having its initial rollout design problems. Those have been fixed now, but I keep looking, and there's still not that much difference in all of 'em. That leaves me still carrying the Shield. For now. The Beretta looks pretty nice and solid.... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
812 Posts
What you say is mostly true. But the flip side is that there are so many very similar guns, the choice of which to buy can come down to somewhat minor details. And it's often not possible to know what details will actually affect someone until they get the gun and start shooting and carrying it. Before the fact, someone just has to look at the information available, and pick the one they think is best for them.

As far as the gun above, it seems fine for what it is, but it seems like a me too gun (they had to have something in this class) that doesn't have anything that distinguishes it from the group's leaders.

There's only so much looking at Handgun Hero comparisons and comparing .2 or .3 inches length, height, and/or width ya can do. There's only so much wondering about capacity ya can do. I don't think there's enough size difference in ANY of the "micro" or "subcompact" 9 mms to make much of any difference. The capacity matters to some, but not to me. It all boils down to what fits you and what you think is a good shooting, well-made, reliable, and durable choice.
I went through it when I looked at the Shield, G43, Ruger, Sig P365, and the others I could put my hands on, and chose the Shield. Part of that was the fact that the P365 was having its initial rollout design problems. Those have been fixed now, but I keep looking, and there's still not that much difference in all of 'em. That leaves me still carrying the Shield. For now. The Beretta looks pretty nice and solid.... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts