Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This is war, and you better be prepared to wage war to protect you, your family and those around you of attack. I am firmly convinced that as Americans we can no longer sit back and pray the fight isn't brought to us. Instead, we have to stand together, shoulder to shoulder, prepared and ready to issue an immediate and directed response when the attack happens. Terrorists and active shooters know that our citizens have been coached to run and hide..."

- Sheriff Wayne Ivey, Brevard County Sheriff's Office, Florida

NOT THIS CITIZEN.

Thank, you, Sheriff Ivey, for TAKING A STAND.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Sheriff Ivey is all for arming school staff members / armed security ,

As am I ....

·
Registered
34,592 Posts

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Hand salute to the Sheriff. Excellent message to the masses.

Reactions: OldChap and airslot

·
Registered
219 Posts
Buttersmooth,
"So, how do we arm and prepare for the terrorists running around setting fires?"
I would suggest that it be dealt with the same as any arsonist who is posing an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury (but I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice, just an opinion). I think the emphasis would have to be on the "immediacy" of the threat.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Buttersmooth,
"So, how do we arm and prepare for the terrorists running around setting fires?"
I would suggest that it be dealt with the same as any arsonist who is posing an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury (but I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice, just an opinion). I think the emphasis would have to be on the "immediacy" of the threat.
It would be truly rare to encounter someone with a flare in their hand. What do we do when they are driving through the forest with a case of flares in their car? How could we ever know? How could we prepare?

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
It would be truly rare to encounter someone with a flare in their hand. What do we do when they are driving through the forest with a case of flares in their car? How could we ever know? How could we prepare?
Always be legally armed. Always be determined to see that no harm comes to innocents. Beyond that...

If you "see" someone drive by with a case of flares under a blanket in the backseat floorboard of their vehicle, run immediately to the nearest CIA recruiter. They could use skills like that. :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Always be legally armed. Always be determined to see that no harm comes to innocents. Beyond that...

If you "see" someone drive by with a case of flares under a blanket in the backseat floorboard of their vehicle, run immediately to the nearest CIA recruiter. They could use skills like that. :smile:
If you want to slum it then go CIA. Now, if you truly want to be a Super Agent then the only course of action is to go NSA. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
If you want to slum it then go CIA. Now, if you truly want to be a Super Agent then the only course of action is to go NSA. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:
:rofl:

I agree. Of course, you'll never be a 007 type in the NSA. They're more like "Q" with their electronic gadgets.

54cfd17fe7097_-_bond-gadgets-19-1012-de.jpg

CIA is more hands on, like the Keystone Cops! Of course, one could always join the FBI, but they're more like Inspector Clouseau. :danceban:

bcf7aafd2a41321fb62b3b0fb50a3374.jpg

Reactions: PPS1980

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
:rofl:

I agree. Of course, you'll never be a 007 type in the NSA. They're more like "Q" with their electronic gadgets. CIA is more hands on, like the Keystone Cops! Of course, one could always join the FBI, but they're more like Inspector Clouseau. :danceban:

View attachment 307476
After Brennan and Comey the CIA and FBI just aren't what they used to be. Me, out of all the Federal government folks I still find the US Marshall Service and the US Postal Inspectors to be solid folks.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
After Brennan and Comey the CIA and FBI just aren't what they used to be. Me, out of all the Federal government folks I still find the US Marshall Service and the US Postal Inspectors to be solid folks.
I worked with the vaunted FBI at times. The field agents were good cops. Their supervisors? Ughh...left a bit to be desired.

We too had good results from Postal Inspectors, all save one. A mailman drove down a private dirt road to deliver a package, and in trying to back out, took out a gate and a 20 foot section of fence. It took 2 years and a phone conversation with a United States Senator to get the good Inspector's attention.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Because of a security clearance, I had an encounter with the FBI. They were sure I with held information on a security form (which I had not) so, I had to live with them in my shorts for several months. Nothing ever came of it, but I'm glad those days are behind me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts