Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what the NRA does for the Second Amendment

We have been actively opposing transnational efforts that would limit Second Amendment freedoms. For many years, NRA has been monitoring and actively fighting any credible attempts on the part of the UN to restrict our sovereignty and gun rights. As a recognized Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) at the United Nations since 1997, NRA gives gun owners a strong voice in the UN’s debate over global “gun control.” As one of over 2,000 NGOs representing everyone from religious groups to the banking industry, NRA has access to UN meetings that are closed to the general public, and is able to distribute informational materials to participants in UN activities.

For the full article go here
NRA-ILA :: The UN And International Treaties

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Proud NRA member here who wished he woulda became a life member 20 years ago, but will continue to be a member.

Joker1

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
'Concur. NRA is the only non-charity that I support.

No organization is perfect and they've certainly done their share to tick me off at times. However, they are the 800lb gorilla that's in our corner.

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Life member here also plus volunteered to help out at the NRA booth at the gun show yesterday, signed up or renewed 79 members. The more members the louder our voice becomes.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Not a lifetime member yet, but will be at renewal time. I haven't always agreed with everything the NRA has done or probably will do, but dang it, it's the best thing going right now.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I'm a Life Member who does not always see 'eye to eye' with all NRA decisions, but they have provided tons of pressure that does make a difference in our cause. I do support them with $$$...OMOYMV

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Everyone who loves freedom should be a member of the NRA.

Our guns are our last line of defense.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Proud NRA member here who wished he woulda became a life member 20 years ago, but will continue to be a member.

Joker1
Went life in 1966, got married in 1969... got wife Associate Life. Had baby boy, Life member and upgrade wife to Regular Life. Second boy born in '81, Life for him too.

No matter what it cost and when you do it, it is worth the money.:image035:

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Life member since 1971, upgraded several times since.

It takes people and money to fight the fight. Not a perfect organization, but what member run organization is?

Life members get to vote for the Board. Become one and influence what the NRA does.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Life member for most of my life.

As others have said, I don't necessarily agree with 100% of what the NRA does. That doesn't stop me from supporting them because..........THE NRA IS THE BEST THING WE HAVE RIGHT NOW, especially in this political climate we've found ourselves in.

I typically give a Life membership to some family member each Christmas. Life membership, or just an annual membership, make's a good gift.

·
Registered
651 Posts
OK,

What is the difference in a life membership verses paying your dues year to year ?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
A lot of up front money... Actually, the younger you are, the more value the life-time membership becomes.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
A regular life membership is $1,000. Current annual dues are $35. If the annual dues never went up, you could invest $1,000 that nets 2% per year and make about 40 annual payments of $35. Of course, dues will go up and there may be other benefits to life membership. If you clear 3% on your money, you could make about 60 annual $35 payments.

The NRA could start advocating positions you do not agree with in the future. You would not be able to get your money back. For an example, see AARP with regard to universal health insurance.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts