Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
I JUST saw this on the tube! Wow, if this doesn't point out the need for SD weapons, nothing does! "When seconds count, the police are only (10) minutes or more away"!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like a case book example... had 911 on the phone and talked with them as it unfolded! My CCW permit instructor told us the first thing you do is call 911 even if you later lay the phone down. The conversations are recorded and it will support you.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Amazing how calm and matter of fact she was while talking to the 911 operator! She told her what she was going to do if he came in and by george she done it!

·
Banned
37 Posts
I'm amazed the 911 operator backed her up as much as she did with encouraging her several times that "she had to defend herself". In so many of these situations, they tell people NOT to get their gun or to put it away and run and cower somewhere to wait for the police who arrive TOO LATE. She did ask her once if there was a place where she could lock herself in, and when the homeowner said, "NO"? The 911 operator let it go and didn't bring it up again. Good situation all around except for what she'll have to live with...

·
Registered
38,181 Posts
I think having the ordeal recorded might work against you as well. Hearing what's going on is only part of the story. Being there, seeing what's happening doesn't always agree with what's heard. Who knows what might be said in the heat of defending yourself that can be misinterpreted by others.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, that was a very raw audio taping. The lady did the right thing. I am glad the operator was understanding to her situation. Many operators would have turned around and said something stupid like hide or get out of the house...anything to avoid the situation. This operator did the right think in reassuring the lady that she has a right to protect herself.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
This woman has grit!!!!

Had she not shot him he would of most likely have done her very very much damage!!!!!

Shotgun worked very very well and at stopped big bad guy dead quick!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I think having the ordeal recorded might work against you as well. Hearing what's going on is only part of the story. Being there, seeing what's happening doesn't always agree with what's heard. Who knows what might be said in the heat of defending yourself that can be misinterpreted by others.
Only if your account of the events don't match what's on the recording or you do something illegal. I would rather have a recording by 911 to match what I say than just my word that can become twisted by LEO's or the DA.

I heard this on the radio this morning and she should be golden.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Only if your account of the events don't match what's on the recording or you do something illegal. I would rather have a recording by 911 to match what I say than just my word that can become twisted by LEO's or the DA.

I heard this on the radio this morning and she should be golden.
I agree. I would rather have proof to back me up than just my word. It would be easier to twist someones story without the tape than with it.

I too agree she has nothing to worry about. This is about as textbook as it gets.

·
Registered
135 Posts
She also kept saying "I don't want to kill this man" and she also showed concern for the individual after she shot him......she did what she had to do and no jury member would find her guilty if it came to that....not even a liberal

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Great job by the homeowner, I also like the 911 operator's advice and encouragement...must be in TX.:hand10::congrats:

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Homeowner shoots, kills intruder in Lincoln County (OK)

Warning - This is a tough piece to listen to. Brace yourself. :|

~~~

The full report with audio as reported by NewsOK:

Homeowner shoots, kills intruder in Lincoln County
POLICESituation unfolds Friday morning in a 911 call to lincoln county emergency dispatchers

BY JOHNNY JOHNSON AND ROBERT MEDLEY
Published: December 5, 2009

CUSHING — For 10 minutes and 20 seconds, Donna Jackson remained calm as she stood in the dark pleading for help and repeatedly telling emergency dispatchers that she did not want to shoot the "crazy,” "drunk sounding” man who was yelling and determined to get inside her house early Friday.

But when he threw a table through her sliding glass patio door, the 56-year-old woman — who was home alone — couldn’t wait for deputies any longer.

There is a loud crash on the 911 tape.

The phone drops, and there’s a single shot from a 16-gauge shotgun.

Only then, does the woman who has been so calm throughout the ordeal begin to fall apart.

"I shot. I shot,” Jackson tells the dispatcher frantically. "I’m going out front. I hit him. Oh God, help me! I dropped the phone. ... Oh please, dear God, I think I’ve killed him.”

As the reality sinks in, her voice fades to a whisper, "Please, Father in Heaven. Please, Father in Heaven. Oh my God, ma’am. Please.”

And she begins to sob, "I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

The dispatcher on the other end of the line tries to comfort her, telling her there was nothing she could have done — she had to protect herself.

"No, he’s bleeding,” Jackson said, looking at the body on her back porch. "I’m so sorry, Father.”

A ‘bizarre’ situation
Lincoln County Sheriff Chuck Mangion said dispatchers first got the call from Jackson about 12:40 a.m., after her dogs’ barking woke her up.

The man shot and killed at Jackson’s home, Billy Dean Riley, 53, was no stranger to the sheriff’s office.

"I’d say he’s been in an out of jail since he was old enough to go to jail,” Mangion said. "He has a long history of drug and alcohol-related offenses.”

But what has the sheriff puzzled is why the intruder was so determined to break into Jackson’s rather fortified home, marked by a locked gate and "Beware of the dog” signs.

"As to what his motives were in trying to break into the house remains unclear,” Mangion said.

Jackson said the man was talking "crazy.” He apparently didn’t know where his pickup was, and he kept yelling for someone named "Pat.”

Mangion said his deputies found Riley’s pickup just down the secluded rural road, and it appeared the vehicle had left the roadway and run into a ditch.

Inside the pickup, investigators found Riley’s sister, Patricia Ellen Totty, 45, unconscious from what they called an overdose of alcohol and narcotics. She was taken to a Stroud hospital, where she was later listed in good condition.

Mangion said he couldn’t say whether Riley had gone to the house to get help for his sister.

"He didn’t go to the front door or ring the door bell to try to gain entry,” the sheriff said.

Mangion said Riley is a repeat offender, but local officers have never seen him do anything like this before.

"Dealing with him, I can tell you that when he had a load on, he could be a pretty mean individual,” the sheriff said. "But this is just bizarre. I’ve been doing this for 35 years, and this one is pretty much a mind-blower.”

Court records show Riley, of Sparks, has a number of driving under the influence of alcohol convictions, including convictions in Lincoln County in 1997, 1999, 2001 and 2004. He was convicted of public intoxication in Lincoln County in 2002 and of possession of marijuana in Lincoln County in 1998.

Source w/original full 911 audio - NewsOK
Associated Press short and edited version of 911 audio - YouTube - Raw Video - Homeowner Shoots, Kills Intruder

- Janq

"Okay mam, [police] should be arriving pretty quick." - 911 Operator

Note:
This is why the Second Amendment is and remains RELEVANT to Americans.
There are supposedly educated, smart and wise people in our country who do not understand this simple fact of life and living. They rather advise dial 911, and wait...

This woman called the cops and was on the phone for over TEN (10) minutes awaiting rescue.
The police arrived on site TWENTY (20) minutes _after_ she was engaged as within the interior of her home by the home invader, and she saved her own life!

Contrary to popular assumption, thought and hope the fact of the matter is that for a good amount of people the police do not and cannot arrive in time to rescue you.
You are very likely to be on your own in the immediate.

This 911 tape is heart wrenching.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I actually watched the entire 911 call on another site and it was 32 minutes long. It took the police TWENTY minutes to arrive at her house and as soon as that guy broke down her door she let him have it. She was on the phone with the dispatch for at least 8 more minutes while the guy lay dead on her back porch.

I'm amazed that woman was able to stay calm up to the point where she was forced to shoot the guy.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I congratulate the woman for her courage and, damn, hats off to the 911 operator.
Sad as it may be, welcome to the real world and what is taking place every few minutes these days.

I live in a fairly affluent subdivision that adjoins two others which are similar. Among all three, there are 20+ law enforcement officers living around me. Still yet, cars are broken into and crime continues. Mostly petty stuff but none the less, crime. Who is to say the next person who is prowling around my or my neighbor's house is not some doped up individual looking to risk life and limb to gain enough money to get another pill.

For the law abiding citizen, being armed has became a way of life.

Merry Christmas

Craig

1 - 20 of 66 Posts