Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wholesaler site got some new knives in inventory and this one I want. I have 4 (different) knives picked out for order. :danceban:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I think I pass on that cheap sheath china 440 stainless 20 bucks on amazon .

here's a review

this knife is not one of Elk Ridges better knives, it is definitely not full tang or even half tang for that matter, and it is held in by a screw at a weld point right where mine broke. the blade flew off (I'm glad I ware gloves!) and that was the end of that. any one who rates this high need to re- think that marking. I was hoping the best for the thing because it is a nice looking blade but it was not to be.
By pass this idem and look at others brands or at least a different elk ridge knife they are not all like this one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's surprising. Thanks for the heads up. I know it's cheap but not that cheap. My wholesaler has it for $14.

Then again, epoxy will make it solid. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, I have no demands on knives, it's mostly carry. I read the reviews and saw something interesting. One says it is not full tang and the other says oh yes it is. That got me thinking that there's two versions of said knife. Seems some suppliers took a shortcut and screwed the retailers.

The other reviewer said he chopped branches with it. Seems he's got the good one.

By the way, I used to have an RG made to shoot shorts, I shot LRs out of it with no problem. :)

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
LOL, I have no demands on knives, it's mostly carry. I read the reviews and saw something interesting. One says it is not full tang and the other says oh yes it is. That got me thinking that there's two versions of said knife. Seems some suppliers took a shortcut and screwed the retailers.

The other reviewer said he chopped branches with it. Seems he's got the good one.

By the way, I used to have an RG made to shoot shorts, I shot LRs out of it with no problem. :)
IMG_20160521_075405000.jpg

Here is full tang.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
a long time ago I was at my LGS and this guy comes in with a about 5' of a 2X4 leans it against the counter and hammers in a knife, then he jumped on the blade full body, I offered to buy one, when he said he was going to the car to get me a new one, I stopped him and said no give me that one, he made all kind of excuses, but will not sell me that one, so go figure why..............

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a long time ago I was at my LGS and this guy comes in with a about 5' of a 2X4 leans it against the counter and hammers in a knife, then he jumped on the blade full body, I offered to buy one, when he said he was going to the car to get me a new one, I stopped him and said no give me that one, he made all kind of excuses, but will not sell me that one, so go figure why..............
Right. Good thinking. The old bait and switch.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
If I wanted to do that, I'd use a hammer and a climbing spike. Never saw the use for buying tools with a selling point of "They make sorta OK tools for this totally unrelated purpose, too!"

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just ordered the knives but I skipped the knife that I was drooling over. If there was a switchroo I don't wanna be stuck with a cluck. I chose another that I'm drooling over and it's obviously a full tang.

I found 4 more to order with. :tongue:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts