Defensive Carry banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
You need to by some extra spray and try it...when you spray, you may very well get it in your own eyes...and spraying up????...you most certainly WILL get some in your own eyes...I'm just sayin':rolleyes:
Um...NO. I was talking about shooting from a squatted position, not pepper-spraying.

:confused:

I'm partially handicapped and carry a combat cane at all times. There were at least 4 different ways to put the tweaker down, incurring hospital time or, if he turned out to have a weapon, the dirt nap.
:nutkick:

not a bad commercial.

all you guys talking about fighting him and not drawing are dreaming. I don't care how fit and skilled you are, meth addicts don't feel pain and they have super strength (I know first hand from used to be friends), it's possible but very unlikely to take him down in a fight. I could be wrong I'm sure some of you meatheads (i mean that with respect :smile: ) could kick his ass but in this situation I would have drawn on him and if he didn't stop I would drop to a knee and fire up at him and put his brains on the ceiling. Common, if this isn't a situation to draw and shoot than what is? Your being charged by a drugged up lunatic that doesn't care what he does to you, why take the chance of fighting him and losing your weapon in the process and having him pick it up and use it on you. I'm 5'4 140lb, I carry because of situations like this. I grew up in Montana (Meth country) and I would not hesitate to fire if he didn't stop when I drew and warned him.

When would it be acceptable to shoot him? After he has beaten you, you say "ok time out" you stand up pull your gun out and say "time in" unfortunately you don't get that luxury in the real world.

all you guys talking about fighting him and not drawing are dreaming. I don't care how fit and skilled you are, meth addicts don't feel pain and they have super strength (I know first hand from used to be friends), it's possible but very unlikely to take him down in a fight. I could be wrong I'm sure some of you meatheads (i mean that with respect :smile: ) could kick his ass but in this situation I would have drawn on him and if he didn't stop I would drop to a knee and fire up at him and put his brains on the ceiling. Common, if this isn't a situation to draw and shoot than what is? Your being charged by a drugged up lunatic that doesn't care what he does to you, why take the chance of fighting him and losing your weapon in the process and having him pick it up and use it on you. I'm 5'4 140lb, I carry because of situations like this. I grew up in Montana (Meth country) and I would not hesitate to fire if he didn't stop when I drew and warned him.

When would it be acceptable to shoot him? After he has beaten you, you say "ok time out" you stand up pull your gun out and say "time in" unfortunately you don't get that luxury in the real world.
so theres a bunch of meatheads in here who would try to disable the meth head and put space between them and him but because you are clarivoyant and know he is a meth head you are willing to carefully place several rounds into him with innocents in your shooting lanebehind him knowing that in the very short amount of time you have the rounds would be carefully placed and even though as you have already stated meth heads dont feel pain you can be effective enough if the body shots dont work to take the time to drop to a knee and get a clean head shot to end it...and he isnt going to end up on top of you take your gun away and use it on you while he is not feeling any pain from the approximate 30% hit ratio most people have firing under stress...

thanks for the lesson mad max...now step into the real world...by the time you draw and warn him he is already on top of you...save it for the bad cop shows...

I would have been in code red just with the way he walked in the door. And with 2 little kids that go just about everywhere with me I would have been drawing my gun before he finished with the second victim.

Even a light shove can seriously harm or kill a baby and with his actions with the first two people he has shown his willingness to use violence. I would have had to assume that he intended to treat me and my children the same. As for a clear shot, both victims in the front of the laundry mat were down, yes there was a glass front to the place so I'd be checking whats beyond it but it would have been clear enough for me to take a shot if he came near me.

so theres a bunch of meatheads in here who would try to disable the meth head and put space between them and him but because you are clarivoyant and know he is a meth head you are willing to carefully place several rounds into him with innocents in your shooting lanebehind him knowing that in the very short amount of time you have the rounds would be carefully placed and even though as you have already stated meth heads dont feel pain you can be effective enough if the body shots dont work to take the time to drop to a knee and get a clean head shot to end it...and he isnt going to end up on top of you take your gun away and use it on you while he is not feeling any pain from the approximate 30% hit ratio most people have firing under stress...

thanks for the lesson mad max...now step into the real world...by the time you draw and warn him he is already on top of you...save it for the bad cop shows...
I said Meat head not methheads, you know the guys obsessed with working out. So your telling me you would have brawled with him? Like said in the post above there was time from when he walked in the door and was beating on the other that you would be ready. This is just a hypothetical situation and no one knows what they would do under the circumstance. If I had time to clearly think about the situation siting home on the computer like we all are doing than yes As he was running towards me I would have dropped to a knee and fired instead of letting him have his way with me. I have been in a situation where I have had to draw before and I didn't do what I thought I would do and it didn't go as I had planned, all ended well thankfully but spare me the mad max comments.

assuming that your shots are going to be on target and not overpenetrate and be deflected into the people that you are assuming stayed down and have not attempted to get up and scramble out of the front of the building after he finished with them...

i'm proud to be in the company of people with that much confidence in their ability to place shots at a rapidly moving and unpredictable target with other people in the line of fire...i digress and stand corrected...

I said Meat head not methheads, you know the guys obsessed with working out. So your telling me you would have brawled with him? Like said in the post above there was time from when he walked in the door and was beating on the other that you would be ready. This is just a hypothetical situation and no one knows what they would do under the circumstance. If I had time to clearly think about the situation siting home on the computer like we all are doing than yes As he was running towards me I would have dropped to a knee and fired instead of letting him have his way with me. I have been in a situation where I have had to draw before and I didn't do what I thought I would do and it didn't go as I had planned, all ended well thankfully but spare me the mad max comments.
sorry...i read that you would place a carefully planned head shot on a moving and unpredictable target (we dont have your experience with old friends to predict his actual movements) into the ceiling...many of the posts involving taking him down with force were attempts to alter his course long enough to make escape...a running race probably isnt going to be won with him as hes pretty jacked up...taking a sense or 2 out of the equation (sight, propulsion, momentary confusion) adds time for an escape and possible better angle than pumping lead into a room with panicked people in it...by the way....ever notice shooting ranges are built to deflect bullets into safe areas?...laundromats arent

but again...i digress....my bad...

Discussion starter · #52 ·
As he was running towards me I would have dropped to a knee and fired instead of letting him have his way with me.
assuming that your shots are going to be on target and not overpenetrate and be deflected into the people that you are assuming stayed down
As the Methhead is running down the back aisle you can see the lady and her kids are still sitting in the chairs RIGHT BEHIND YOUR TARGET

By 8 seconds he's already go the Hispanic lady and the wimpy guy on the ground and you can see down the front of the laundromat there's no one there in the front aisle

At 15 he's at the lady and her kids and there's a laundry cart between them his back is to the door I'm going to guess that you (generic) are still in you OODA loop.

At 20 he's turned and facing the doppleganger and has stopped there is the lady and to kids and a plate glass window (and God knows what else) behind him. It takes him 3 seconds to close the gap while doppleganger does nothing and at 23 he grabs DGs shirt and screams "This wasn't supposed to be your life"

Maybe you stick a pistol to his head at that point but you'd better pray to God you don't hit anyone else

I'm not saying I would hit him with my shot but my life is in danger and I would sure try, I would fire that's my opinion. I'm sorry but you're never going to be in a situation where you have time to steady, aim and fire. Nothing is for sure in any situation, if you want to karate chop him by all means take that chance bud no ones stopping you I don't know why your getting all hot and bothered.

Like I said before if a crazed drugged up lunatic is charging at you and just assaulted a child and elderly woman right in front of you I cannot see a better reason to defend yourself. If you're a big guy with an iron fist than that's great but not all of us are.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
I'm not saying I would hit him with my shot
As long as you're willing to take responibility if that bullet goes out one of the windows and hits the girl that's "Going to sleep W/ him for meth just once"

Becuase you WILL be accountable for it

Theres way to many choices in this situation, no ones wrong who knows what would happen maybe you could side step him and shoot into the back wall, maybe not. I refuse to give him a chance to get a hold of my weapon. I don't have meth head experience I just knew quite a few people in my time who have made that poor choice and they do some crazy things. I'm not trying to ruffle anyone feathers here by any means. I'm a small guy and trying to alter his coarse is a huge risk on my part that I'm not sure I am willing to take, but I don't know for sure what I would do, thinking about it and picturing myself as mad max I would like to think MY safest option would be to fire up at him and into the ceiling, but really there is no good options in this situation.

ever notice shooting ranges are built to deflect bullets into safe areas?...laundromats arent
that's quite the statement, so a range is the only place your willing to defend yourself? Common, no place you will ever get into a situation where you have to defend yourself is going to be built to deflect bullets. You can play iron mike and "alter his course" I choose to live.

that's quite the statement, so a range is the only place your willing to defend yourself? Common, no place you will ever get into a situation where you have to defend yourself is going to be built to deflect bullets. You can play iron mike and "alter his course" I choose to live.
i was trying to alter his attack while moving to safety...not standing my ground...and yes..the range is the only place i can shoot without having to be concerned about people being i my line of fire...otherwise i have to think about it before i draw and fire my gun in self defense...the others have a right to safety also...if it isnt a valid consideration that you could be aiming your weapon at innocent people you might want to rethink your defense when its all over..."i just figured if i stopped him it wouldnt matter what collateral damage there might be" is a bit on the selfish side isnt going to win you any star crimefighter awards...maybe it would change your mind if the others in the laundromat were actually someone you cared about...

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.