Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abject failure.
There were enough police in body armor at the classroom door within minutes.
Get this the key everyone was looking for was not needed. the door was NOT locked.
Those kids waited for over an hour for police to get to them when they should have been in that classroom within 3 minutes.

·
Registered
12,223 Posts
It has been my opinion all along that the only reason they didn’t get in that classroom for so long was because they didn’t want to, and the fact that they didn’t check to see if the door was even locked just reinforces that.

·
Registered
12,223 Posts
How can they face the community?
How can they live knowing they could have done so much more.
They had guns, body armor and training.
The children had nothing.
The current culture is that LEO’s lives are the most important. What matters most is that they go home to their families. We hear this over and over. It gets posted online, over and over. They all went home to their families, and Uvalde PD wrote a letter saying how thankful they were that no police officers received any life threatening injuries.

·
Premium Member
12,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The current culture is that LEO’s lives are the most important. What matters most is that they go home to their families. We hear this over and over. It gets posted online, over and over. They all went home to their families, and Uvalde PD wrote a letter saying how thankful they were that no police officers received any life threatening injuries.
My dad was a career cop. It was very important to us that he came home at night.
But he and most back in the day returning from WW2 had other ideas and never would have let kids die without trying to defend them with his life.
But that was a long ago era.

·
Registered
12,223 Posts
My dad was a career cop. It was very important to us that he came home at night.
But he and most back in the day returning from WW2 had other ideas and never would have let kids die without trying to defend them with his life.
But that was a long ago era.
Nobody wants to die at work. nobody wants their family members to die at work. I understand all of that. I know I don’t want to die at work, and my family doesn’t want me to die at work. Some jobs have a higher risk of that than others. If they want to stand outside for their safety, why do they need shields, body armor, breaching gear and guns?

·
Registered
Lost in boating accident in 2016
700 Posts
This is what happens when you get liberal policies from liberal DAs and liberal police chiefs, passed down by liberal councils and supervisors.

Police officers are no longer warriors fighting against evil. They are cogs in a machine who have to constantly worry about being under a microscope and being charged while they generate revenue for the corrupt politicians running the agencies they work for.

We need more Frank Hamers and Jelly Brices and less Pete Arrendandos. Sadly criminals rule the day now.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Every one of them needs to have their peace officer license revoked. Bunch of cowards.
And the lard butt “chief”…I’ll refrain from stating my thoughts so as to not get “maggied”.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Just remember, the police have no legal obligation to protect any particular individual. Even kids.
But you can bet that if someone was found unwittingly in possession of a gun on school grounds, even if they did nothing else wrong, the police would have no problem with arresting them and I'm sure that the DA would have no qualms about charging them.

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
Nobody wants to die at work. nobody wants their family members to die at work. I understand all of that. I know I don’t want to die at work, and my family doesn’t want me to die at work. Some jobs have a higher risk of that than others. If they want to stand outside for their safety, why do they need shields, body armor, breaching gear and guns?
They were not hired for their safety, they were hired for OUR safety. If they do not wish to go into harms way they should find other work.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Just remember, the police have no legal obligation to protect any particular individual. Even kids.
But you can bet that if someone was found unwittingly in possession of a gun on school grounds, even if they did nothing else wrong, the police would have no problem with arresting them and I'm sure that the DA would have no qualms about charging them.
The “no obligation to protect” is a circular argument in this case. The shooter was otherwise breaking the law by being armed on school property and by killing people. And the cops have an obligation to uphold the law. In doing so, they would’ve been protecting the kids.

·
Registered
50,912 Posts
In a small community such as that, everyone knows everyone, and it is going to be tough to face all those parents on a daily basis and see the looks of scorn. I imagine many of them will be moving on to less resentful turf within the next year. The chief should be gone tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Of all the places a failure such as this would occur, a town in southern Texas would not have been on the top of my list.

·
Registered
50,912 Posts
Of all the places a failure such as this would occur, a town in southern Texas would not have been on the top of my list.
Neither would that church shooting a year or so ago. Any time/any place. Even Texas can fail to live up to its own image.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I only know that as a parent, I would have been running toward that school and bringing as many Dads and Moms with me as I could. I might’ve been tased but not before I slammed at a dead run, my 200+ lbs. into and through anybody that got in my way. They couldn’t taser everyone!!

At some point, the individual officer has to make a decision to go or don’t go in a situation such as this...ORDERS BE DAMNED!! To me, not counting the innocents killed, this evokes the most powerful feelings of disappointment and letdown. Not counting the cowardly Chief who shaves his head and throws his chest out while grasping his gun belt, I expected more from those individual officers on the scene. With gunshots in the background and pleading parents in their face, all those officers just stood there. THEY….JUST….STOOD….THERE!! I can’t speak to their souls but I can say that they have no HEART! A person with no heart can never be a Police Officer. This goes far beyond Breech of Trust. The officers that were there that day, They All Have To Go.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
However, you can be damn skippy sure they would have "responded" with full vigor to a parent or citizen moving to engage with their own weapon in the vacuum of inaction.

·
Premium Member
7,880 Posts
The PD should have handed their weapons to parents at the scene and let Texans do what Texans have been doing since the days of the Republic. Shame on those officers.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You're right no one wants to die myself included. KILTED COWBOY has asked the real question though which is how can they live with themselves. I've always simplistically believed that myself or anyone pinning on the badge has a duty to try their damndest to protect innocent lives. If a cop won't lay it down for children he sure as hell won't for a fellow officer. I have worked with cowards before and they are primarily pressured out, and I've told a couple that it's not the job for everyone. It just isn't. Others that stay tend to gravitate toward "safer" jobs in the department where they are not depended on to take the risks.

I once read a book by Civil War writer Dr. James MacPherson wherein he researched the question from personal writings at the time, why men in the Civil War would walk forward in skirmish lines toward almost certain death, though granted some did run. The simple answer he found was they would rather die than be considered a coward first to their fellow soldiers, and secondly to their families. At least for some of these officers in Uvalde, there is something in their character that is missing and at the very least they should reevaluate their choice of career. The Chief that held them up surely without question needs to go due to cowardice and as an inept idiot.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts