Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
An acquaintance of mine recently purchased a dozen laying hens to replace her flock that was lost to a storm, half of which turned out to be roosters. When I found out I told her that I would be happy to smoke them for her.

She turned green. I forgot she was an ovo vegetarian.

Need to bring this up again before these roosters grow up to lay waist to any notions of civilized society on their little acreage . . .

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
Reminds me of that picture that was popular in the 70's called the last great act of defiance. Showed a mouse giving the bird to the hawk diving on it. Anyone who has had chickens will recognize the mentality of the bird here - oblivious to the most obvious dangers but will panic at a blade of grass blowing in the wind. Thanks for the laugh, AzQkr.

·
Registered
858 Posts
That chicken need have no fear from KFC because it's way too big for them to use.

Reactions: msgt/ret and ddrew

·
Registered
788 Posts
It's all about attitude! sdngz.jpg
The wife had this posted at her work station, whenever she got down or overwhelmed she would look at this pix and figure if that Rooster could still strut she could too!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
We had a Bantam rooster when I was growing up. One day we heard this big ruckus in the chicken house. It got real quiet before we got there. We found the neighbor's tom cat dead with George standing on top of him. George never knew he was the smallest rooster in the county. He was the master of the farm yard.

It's all about attitude! View attachment 300916
The wife had this posted at her work station, whenever she got down or overwhelmed she would look at this pix and figure if that Rooster could still strut she could too!

·
Registered
161 Posts
We had a Bantam rooster when I was growing up. One day we heard this big ruckus in the chicken house. It got real quiet before we got there. We found the neighbor's tom cat dead with George standing on top of him. George never knew he was the smallest rooster in the county. He was the master of the farm yard.
I'm pretty sure you have all the makings of a good country song in that story

1 - 11 of 11 Posts