Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I graduated college, my step-father sent me a card with his congrats and told me my present would be arriving soon.

A few days later, my mom and step-dad arrive at our house to help with construction of my deck extension out back. He hands me a soft gun case. I unzip it and produce a 1915 Iver Johnson Double 12.

The card was simple, "It's your watch now..."

Enjoy! Any idea on it's worth?

:comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Family Heirloom.....PRICELESS. I know it's nice to know values for insurance purposes or just because, but if you sell it, you're """CRAZY"""!!!!!!:nono:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No way would I sell it!

I plan on leaving it to a great grand kid in my will with the same words, "It's your watch now..."

This gun will never be sold by me!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My step-dad aquired it when his uncle died. My step father is 72 now, and his uncle was in his 80s when he passed. He got it and number of other old guns, including a Crack Shot .22, a bolt action 16guage, and many others.

Not sure who had it before him.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, to me it is indeed priceless. So much so that I have owned it since 2002, and I have NEVER fired it. :biggrin2:

Took it bird hunting once, but the dogs never kicked any birds so it didn't get fired. My guess is it kicks like a mule!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
K-T, that is a special gun if only for the manner of its aquisition.

It is as you say - a keeper and something you will also hand over later. Nice sentiment too.

I wish I had a gun my Dad owned but the only shotgun he had went - somewhere - when I was wee little and that was it - never seen again.

It was ''just'' a humble single 12G - probably an old hammer model IIRC but wish I had it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts