Defensive Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the Supreme Court's voiding of the 'takings' clause:

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence." --John Adams

"Only an elitist who lives in a cocoon could survey the decline of morality over the past four decades (and the corresponding rise of social angst), and say the Great Divorce that the Supreme Court presided over -- the separation of faith from our public life -- has served us well." --Don Feder

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our Founding Fathers used in the great struggle for independence." --Charles Beard

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yup.

I have recently become a big fan of John Adams. The David McCullough biography is great, and since it was printed many of John Adams' works have been reprinted. I have several of his writings on my list of "to reads".

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also think the last paragraph deserves some attention. As people who mess with guns we keep a low profile. :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Low profile it is FortyFive - as it does seem that anyone who talks about Founding Fathers, the BOR and Constitution to excess - get's ''labelled'' - sad to say.

There are some great quotes out there - that have become extremely relevant these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts