• Diklike

Votes: 7 9.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering what your experiences with a Ruger LCR have been? Also do you find it easy to conceal?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't own one, but want to!

The trigger is excellent IMO, weight is perfect, and it should conceal excellent!

·
Registered
45 Posts
It took me awhile to get used to it but I carry it more now than my G-27. I like the fact that it has a stiffish trigger and I can keep it in my pocket.

·
Super Moderator
18,562 Posts
Voted "dislike." Has nothing to do with it's potential for effective concealed carry but it's too ugly to have any appeal to my traditional tastes. It has a reasonable trigger action but won't accomplish anything that the more traditional revolvers can't do. Besides which, I've never cared for any products from the company that makes revolvers that "are built like tanks."

·
Registered
295 Posts
My LCR was replaced by a .44 special due to larger caliber size. Since .44 spl was sent back to Charter Arms for cylinder repair, I now tote the LCR when possible. Overall good up close & personal weapon, for me! My only dislike is the lack of a longer grip; for I do not like my pinkie free in limbo. But is an awesome lightweight revolver with the CT grips. Waiting for the holiday rush to end so I can have the LGS install XS night sight which came in the mail.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
I can't say. I've never seen one in any of the gun shops in my neck of the woods. I was sort of shopping for one to look at and wound up bringing home a S&W 438 Bodyguard instead.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Great for concealment but it is beyond painfully snappy. I am not even kidding when I say that it is tourtue to shoot. If feels like shooting a .44 magnum except with a tiny grip. However, it is probably the greatest BUG there is IMO.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Voted Dislike......It did spark my intrest and almost bought one but while at the guns shop I handled it and the S&W 642 Non Locking, Non CT. Came down to the S&W just looked waaaaay better, grips the right size, handled better and shoots very well for a small frame revolver. I no a few people that have them but its just not for me.

·
Registered
10,991 Posts
Nice revolver, but for the money, I'll take the flatter profile, greater capacity, faster reload, and lower cost of the LCP. In fact, I did - my wife and I now have two! One for each of us!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Love it!

I thought about the Charter Bulldog in 44 too.
However, The one my Dad carries is as heavy as my 9mm RAMI.

The gun is much larger than my trim LCR and the DA pull is just horrid.

I remain less than impressed with CA quality, and your post reinforces such.

BTW that new XS sight looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
No thanks. I like J-frames.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I handled one in a shop, rather liked it, but just couldn't work up enough enthusiasm for it to take it home. Maybe some other time.

It is an interesting handgun, to say the least.

Glad to see Ruger actually pushing defensive weapons now, instead of just seemingly catering to sport or service weapon customers.

Would love to see someone like Remington get into the business again.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey all: I've had mine for about three months now. I find it a joy to shoot also. It feels like less felt recoil than my G27, so I don't find the revolver that bad. It fits in a pocket so well and not even noticeable. I keep it in a cheap-o Unkle Mikes and does the job. I have shot almost a hundred rounds through, and no problems whatsoever..

A Plus on this revolver for me..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have one and love it. The trigger is second to none. The weight is so minimal that you can easily carry all day without issues. I carry in a CrossBreed super tuck deluxe.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bought the wife one. We both love it.

Installed Crimson Trace laser grips too. Wife really likes that because of her bi-focals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts