Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a huge pay raise at work I am investing in a couple of firearms. My current status is one glock 32 [357sig], one sig 1911 ultra and a m&p15/22 rifle. I have a body guard 38 on layaway and plan for it to follow me home next week when I get the first check with the raise on it.

What im thinking next is getting a m&p 45 to add to the mix. I like my glock but really have been impressed with the m&p line. Im not a fan of 40 and I have a stash of 45 now to hold me over.

Opinions on the m&p45 please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
If I ever have to give up my Glocks, M&P's will do nicely.
I went with the 45C since it was almost the identical size of my Glock 19. My favorite non-1911 45.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Looks like your gonna have 3 handguns when you get the body guard. Why not another long gun an ar or ak maybe. Bolt action rifle or a shotgun. But the m&ps are nice. I have the 9c m&p it took me a bit to get used to it but I really like it now

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Congrats on your big raise, I do love money!

You can't go wrong with the 45c, but also look at the G30SFgen4. I'm going to get a 45 in the next few months, I'm almost certainly going to go with one of those models.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
You are short a center fire long gun. I would recommend an AR, AK, or you could go full on battle rifle in 7.62, but you need some range.

Reactions: cthruit

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the slow reply, I work unconventional hours. For my situation the only long gun that may be needed would be a shot gun, I live in a very urban area with neighbors 30 to 60 feet away and in a home defense situation a rifle round could end up where I do not want it. The 38 is going to be my bug or what a grab when running to the stop and rob for a gallon of milk while my 1911 and glock are my current primary carry weapons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Glad to hear things are turning around for you. I'd definitely look into a home defense shotgun. Loaded with 00 or 000 buckshot it is very effective.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
FNX-45 (I am not in the market for a 45, right now) But, If I was this would be at the TOP OF MY LIST!
36681-DEFAULT-L.jpg

And it comes with 3-15 round magazines

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
You could still consider a 5.56. The round behaves differently than what you would expect in the setting you are in and there are some bullets designed exactly for your environment. Also the benefit of a 5.56 over a handgun round are quite exemplary and arguably better than a SG as well. An AR loaded with 75gr BTHP's is my HD gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts