Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a HD shotgun with a pistol style grip, I like the look of this gun and the price tag seems to be reasonable...

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
The field version is pretty decent, I've never laid eyes on a pa459 though.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I sure it is a good shotgun. I wonder how after market support will compare to Mossberg and 870.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Weatherby PA-459 is a good looking defensive shotgun. I know nothing about it, but you should be aware that it is not manufactured by Weatherby. Take a look at Weatherby's Competitive Comparison page (click the Competitive Advantage button on the above link) and you'll see that the country of origin is Turkey. While I'm sure that Weatherby would be a good company for repair support should you need any, aftermarket support for parts and add-ons would be no where near the level of Remington, Mossberg, Winchester, Benelli, etc.

Hoss

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah even if i ended up with a mossberg or remington i wouldnt be doin much of anything with the add ons. I just want a reasonably priced 12 ga with a pistol grip and goes boom whenever i pull the trigger. And for some reason for me, i like to be different sometimes. Everyone i know has either a remington or mossberg. Just looking for a decent enough alternative

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
If you want to be different you might want check Ithaca 37 also. When I used to spend some time in Turkey they were well known for shotguns. Back then it was mostly side by sides and over and unders.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Although I dont know for sure, I'd bet its made by Huglo. They build a lot of shotguns for other names, and for the most part they are good guns.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aight good to hear. Havent made up my mind yet. I might end up getting one of the other ones, gotta make it to some shops and shows see if i cant get my hands on one and take a better look at it

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
A Benelli Nova Tactical is going to be right in the same price range...which would be the way I would go.

One local shop has one for $425; another has one for $450.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Weatherby and 'home defense' had never entered my mind in the same thought until this thread. You learn something new every day here.

-B

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I am sure it is ok but you should stick to a good old USA made Mossberg if you want a reasonably priced HD shotgun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts