Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start by saying I'm mostly a 1911 guy, but I've recently been eyeballing the Mod.2 OSP with the Crimson Trace red dot. Does anyone have or carry one and what are your thoughts? Would you recommend one for carry, and would you purchase again with the CT 1500 or add your own red dot? Thanks in advance, and forgive me if this has been answered already. I found the search feature of the forum to be kind of lacking after searching for a while.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I had a Mod 1, in all three flavors. Liked the 9mm the best. Nice size, nice weight for very accurate shooting. One of my most go to pistols for range and trying new loads out. Held and shot the Mod 2, it’s a nicer grip for sure.

If someone would carry it, it was reliable and accurate. But I wouldn’t carry it. Too heavy and bulky for me. Like CDW4ME, i and good with a 380 or 38 snubbie. Hell, I’m good with a 32 or 22mag!

I’m a RDS snub it seems. New to them, but it’s RMR or nothing if I was going to carry it. I have two Glocks with RMRs on them. And I’m sending my G43X out to be cut for a RMRcc. Just dipping my toes in the water of RDS for carry, but it’s not worth the $200 savings to me to get a cheaper sight.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
UnLike CDW4ME, i and good with a 380 or 38 snubbie. Hell, I’m good with a 32 or 22mag!
FIFY.
I don't carry less than 9mm, no reason to.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Would be preferred over a 380 or 38 snub as a primary carry.
Duh! Sorry, I misread your posting.
And I can think of a few personal reasons to carry something less than a 9mm. But that’s just a matter of choice.
Lefty

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
If my current XDs became unusable I'd be tempted to get the XDs Mod 2 OSP rather than the Hellcat or Sig.

I EDC an XDs 9 mm bi-tone with a Shield RMSc and upgraded trigger. Had to mill the slide back then. Absolutely love the size and weight for AIWB, and the gun shoots great. It's nice to have settled into the ideal for me setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your opinions guys. They're pretty cheap so I may just pick one up and give it a whirl. Online reviews are pretty positive, but you never know who's being paid to say something nice about a product.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts