Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
This was posted by a local police officer, on a local forum, about this very article.
9mm is not bad at all in the premium defensive loadings.

The problem with the listed thread is the guy doing the autopsy has NO IDEA how effective a bullet is because he only sees dead people and has little idea how they succumbed to their wounds.

The other issue is that he made no mention of bullet type.

If you have to use FMJ ammo, 45 and 44 are the way to go.

Since we have the opportunity to carry quality defensive ammunition, it all comes out in the wash.
I agree with this 100%!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Lots of good info in that thread. Really interesting to see how these calibers are actually reacting inside the intended target not gelatin. Thanks for the great read!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Fascinating indeed but as has been mentioned the one thing we can never know is the speed of effect in any given case.
Day in and day out, results from the autopsy table show me that the .45 is the gun to have in a gun fight, provided you can shoot it well. If not, it's better to have something you can shoot well, even if it's a mouse gun, than something you can't. ................. the 125-grain .357 is marvellously effective
Probably not too surprising a comment! he did say too that while he saw few .357's these days, the round was a good one.

·
Administrator
143,583 Posts
Glad everything worked out for the guy & his Wife.
That story sure could have had a different & far worse ending.

And "Famous & Fitting Last Words" for the Bad Guy. :yup:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Been going thru more of that thread on S&W Forum - ''deadmeat'' has written some extremely valuable info.

I do recommend anyone interested finds time to read thru all his posts.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
One thing i am shure of , Anyone can be an expert on the internet ( for a while ) . Its iteresting to read but valueable i dont think so , just another poster's opinions , no better and no worse than mine .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts