Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overreaction must be a new career for the easily offended, me I just see the shirt as funny.

United Airlines passenger allowed to fly in T-shirt alluding to lynching journalists: report

A United Airlines passenger was recently spotted wearing a T-shirt that alluded to the lynching of journalists, prompting outrage from another passenger — who reportedly works in journalism, and complained to the flight crew before takeoff.

The anonymous traveler who objected to the shirt said he felt it was wrong for one passenger to “be allowed to threaten other passengers” and that the airline should not “sanction the threatening of murder of any group.”

On Oct. 11, the unnamed man was spotted boarding a United flight from Los Angeles to Boston, wearing a black tee with the slogan “Rope. Tree. Journalist. Some Assembly Required,” on the back. A photo of the man was shared by Twitter user Jessica Sidman, in a post that has since gone viral with over 5,100 shares and 3,400 comments as of Tuesday.
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/united-airlines-passenger-t-shirt

·
Premium Member
33,734 Posts
People get to be threatened, outraged, whatever for any variety of reasons.

Reactions: airslot

·
Premium Member
33,734 Posts
I bet if the T-shirt said “Rope. Tree. Trump” the guy would have been applauded, even though that might have actually been illegal. Kudos to United for doing the right think...for once.
And if it had said Rope. Tree. Pick your ethic group, the outrage, both genuine and contrived, would be universal.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Personally, I do not wear my feelings on a sleeve, pocket, tee shot, tattoo, etc. However, some people lie the guy in the tee suit are starving to be recognized. He succeeded. As for the person who was offended/fearing, get a real life. You have a lot me to be worried about in our deteriorating society.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I have to admit that I enjoy wearing t-shirts with sayings/pictures that pizz off the millions of Liberals here in NYC. Today I'm wearing my Betsy Ross shirt with 13 stars and stripes. My 1st Amendment Right Trumps their delicate dispositions ( pun intended ). If they get upset, they can go find a "Safe Place" to go cry in.---Sturgis

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
After Desert Storm my unit had T-shirts made that said "I'd fly 10,000 miles to smoke a camel" with a picture of a person riding a camel framed inside a scope w/ crosshairs. Our commander shut the sale of those down pretty quick!

·
Registered
33,884 Posts
There's a problem?

The shirt I'm wearing today: "My rights don't end where your feelings begin".
No wonder I'm getting weird looks. Mine says "My feelings end where Your rights begin."

·
Super Moderator
23,207 Posts
And to think, a journalist complains about the exercise of the First Amendment "threatening" his fragile persona. :blink:

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
After Desert Storm my unit had T-shirts made that said "I'd fly 10,000 miles to smoke a camel" with a picture of a person riding a camel framed inside a scope w/ crosshairs. Our commander shut the sale of those down pretty quick!
I liked it so decided to google it and you can still get one! :danceban:

ED78A0B5-7F34-4FD7-9F98-F23C8E78205A.jpeg

https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/design/id+fly+10000+miles+to+smoke+a+camel+mens+t-shirt-D5d89e921f937647d810fb75c?sellable=N0QwYXqVoQFVJpQdw8QD-210-7

edited to say: This would make a good Christmas gift for a lot of folks! 👍🏻

1 - 15 of 15 Posts