Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
"Authorities said this kind of crime is extremely rare, especially in such a well-traveled place. Police are now stepping up patrols and are promising that the Mall is safe."

Of course the police cannot promise or guarantee that any place is "safe"; yet, Washington DC continues to be one of those places that refuses to allow law-abiding citizens to own handguns let alone carry concealed weapons.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
It really is rare to have this sort of crime in a tourist area like the Capital Mall. They of course cannot promise that the any area is safe. There have been people sooting the White House for crying out loud.

What I did notice is the time of day of the attacks. When the sun goes down, get out of town. If you are staying in DC get to your hotel and stay in once it is dark. That is the rule of thumb.

The monuments can be very inspiring looking at night when they are all lit up, but I would only go to look at them at night during the coldest parts of the winter. The thugs are typically not about then, since they don't like the cold. Also the hotter it gets in the summer the worse this type of crime will get. Just how it is.

Enjoy.

-Scott-

·
Registered
577 Posts
yeah because the criminal is going to be dissuaded from shooting at the white house because there are no guns allowed. And if the public has no guns, there will be fewer crimes right???
Idiots.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
But.. but.. there cannot be gun crimes in DC - gun are banned there!

:rolleyes:

Matt

·
Registered
248 Posts
Steelhorse[I said:
"I'm shocked by that. I would think in this area in the nation's capital, we'd be able to walk and enjoy our nation's capital," said Michelle Cover of Sterling, Va.[/I]
Sterling is not that far from DC. I am surprised that someone from suburban VA would be shocked. I used to live in Farifax, VA and have been away from there for 11 years. My best friend is a DC cop and he said it has steadily gotten worse. All that in a city that elects and re-elects a crackhead for a mayor... Imagine that. :hand1:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
forced to first, disarm?
A relative term. I would not carry a firearm in DC, but anything else would be fair play. Given the violence of the assaults, and with wife and daughters, it would be a very situational judgement. I would say this is going to escalate until someone gets killed- the crew is getting bolder.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Not Shocked!

Steelhorse said:
http://www.nbc4.com/news/9282287/detail.html

"I'm shocked by that. I would think in this area in the nation's capital, we'd be able to walk and enjoy our nation's capital," said Michelle Cover of Sterling, Va.:tumbleweed:

What would you do in this situation, if forced to first, disarm?
If in this situation? I wouldn't be in this situation. I make it a point not to go there and by there I mean all of D.C. I won't even go there for work. Compromise is not an option when life is at stake:nono:. It might be the nations capital, but it's not my capital, not anymore anyway.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
MattLarson said:
But.. but.. there cannot be gun crimes in DC - gun are banned there!

:rolleyes:

Matt
You mean they don't care about the laws.......I'm shattered, but my Liberal goverment told that that with the gun bans everything will be ok. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
I used to just love the late night runs into Children's Hospital in DC from Northern Virginia.

Such lovely neighborhoods, with such fine, upstanding citizens hanging out at 0200 on the streets. Gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling to drive through there in an ambulance with a big "we have drugs" advertisement on the side.

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts