Update: I was close. But no cigar!

Reactions: PAcanis

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, good one, Ray.

Nothing gets by msgt.
I saw a similar design, so expanded on it. I put a notch in it for the hammer to keep the pistol from swinging and offset the holes in the piece that goes up against the grip/butt of the pistol so it can handle my Walkers and my 1860 Army. Made a dimple for the front sight, too.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I was gonna' guess - a peg for a VERY...frugal pirate! :biggrin2:

Reactions: Bad Bob and PAcanis

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
So basically this is a black powder tactical reload. lol
LOL, good one, Ray.

Nothing gets by msgt.
I saw a similar design, so expanded on it. I put a notch in it for the hammer to keep the pistol from swinging and offset the holes in the piece that goes up against the grip/butt of the pistol so it can handle my Walkers and my 1860 Army. Made a dimple for the front sight, too.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So basically this is a black powder tactical reload. lol
Well, a tactical reload would be carrying an extra cylinder :wink:

This just gives you a place to stand up your revolver and make life easier. Muzzle loaders who shoot rifles have a bench or rail, often with pegs in it if it's a dedicated muzzle loader range.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Learn something every day. I have never fired a muzzle loader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It's supposed to make it easier to rotate the cylinder as you load each chamber. Especially with a big honkin' gun like a Colt Walker.

Reactions: OD*

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Learn something every day. I have never fired a muzzle loader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
My sentiments exactly, never having gotten involved with BP arms. Nice set up PA

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
It's supposed to make it easier to rotate the cylinder as you load each chamber. Especially with a big honkin' gun like a Colt Walker.
The pistol is a thing of beauty. Your woodwork stand is very clever for its intended use. Nice to have more than one hobby. Good work.:smile:

Reactions: PAcanis

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The pistol is a thing of beauty. Your woodwork stand is very clever for its intended use. Nice to have more than one hobby. Good work.:smile:

That's pretty nice. I assume you're going to stain it. I hope you'll post up pictures after you do.
Thanks. I'll probably stain it tonight. After I knock the edges down some.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Somewhere in the depths of my garage, I have a similar device meant to load only the cylinder of a BP revolver. Extra, pre-charged cylinders make for a very speedy (tactical?) reload. Ask any Civil War Calvaryman. :image035:

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Somewhere in the depths of my garage, I have a similar device meant to load only the cylinder of a BP revolver. Extra, pre-charged cylinders make for a very speedy (tactical?) reload. Ask any Civil War Calvaryman. :image035:
I have seen those. Slick little (simple) machines.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts