Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
* Edit post
* Delete post
* Report this post

Throw in Your Pocket Gun?

Postby Armyguy on Fri 14 Aug 2009 7:15 pm
Besides my Glock 26 for EDC, I want to get a small pistol or revolver that can easily be dropped in my pocket. Sort of a quick "on-the-go" gun that is simple to carry. I like the idea of a Ruger LCP with a side clip to just hang inside my belt line. I also like the Kel-tec PF-9 for pocket carry. A Ruger LCR could do the trick, but getting a little bigger. What are your thoughts and recommendation on this? What small "on-the-go" gun do you carry or recomend?
Major, U.S. Army (Ret.) :usa:

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Well, tastes vary...:yup:

I have two such firearms I consider 'drop in the pocket' guns.

My KelTec P-3AT, and a S&W 637.:22a:

Note: I like the looks of the LCR, but I would prefer to let it be out on the market for a while before buying one. OMO

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
My Glock 26 IS my pocket gun. My sidearm is an XD45, but I don't always carry it. Regardless whether or not I do carry the XD, my G26is always in my right front pocket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Squawker,
Thank you. What type of pants do you wear most that will fit the G26? I would think it just a bit bulky? What pocket holster?
Thanks,
Major

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well you could go with a Kahr PM9 that's smaller than your 26 and you'll be able to stick with a 9mm. I pocket carry a PM9 90% of the time. Also, I just picked up a Seecamp .380 which is a great pocket carry gun. They're pricey and hard to find though. I waited 18 months for mine. I think if you can't go as small as a Seecamp and are looking at a LCP or LCR, you might as well get the PM9. It's basically the same size. Yeah, it's more money than the LCP and LCR but it's not as pricey and hard to find as the Seecamp and you get a solid pocket carry 9mm.

·
Registered
98 Posts
LCP here, in a Desantis Nemesis. Forget I have it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Seecamp.

'nuff said.....

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
A S&W 642 is my "go to" pocket gun... Don't really like anything smaller...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another vote for the LCP. Good luck finding ammo for it though. Mine likes Golden Sabers, Gold Dots, and SXT's. Not my first choice of caliber for CC but a lot better than no gun when I can't carry my Glock 23 or 642...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Smith & Wesson 500....:rofl:

·
Registered
212 Posts
My Glock 26 IS my pocket gun. My sidearm is an XD45, but I don't always carry it. Regardless whether or not I do carry the XD, my G26is always in my right front pocket.
You must have some sizable britches. :blink: I would imagine there is a serious weight and printing issue also with a G26 in a front pocket. Kind of like carrying a brick in your pocket.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I carry the G26 when ever I can. When I have to go lighter I carry a Kel tec Pf9. I'm not sure you woudn't be better off with something like a SW J frame. They are more reliable than the PF9, IMO. Come to think of it, why don't they make 642 size 9mm?

J.S.

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
For pocket and ankle carry I like a gun that is more forgiving of debris and "crud".

Thus I favor a revolver for that duty. :yup: I'd rather have "five for sure" than ten maybe.

Biker

1 - 20 of 85 Posts