Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these boots?

I wasn't aware Timberland was in the tac boot biz, but these are listed in my new Sportsman's Guide for $57 and I might jump at them.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I am a Danner man.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I am a Danner man.
+1...they may cost a little more but the Danners are soooo worth it. I saw those boots may be good or light duty. I doubt a company like Timberland would make junk though.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
They might not be made by Timberland. They might be rebadged and imported by Timberland. I use Timberland hiking boots for ROPES course.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They might not be made by Timberland. They might be rebadged and imported by Timberland.

good point.

I'm thinking for $57 it can't be a bad range boot.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Interesting...I've never seen this. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out. Definitely post if you try them on or buy some. Looks like a good deal for $57 bucks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these boots?

I wasn't aware Timberland was in the tac boot biz, but these are listed in my new Sportsman's Guide for $57 and I might jump at them.]

Something: i keep looking at these and they got good reviews and all that. What I'm wondering is how come they're not on timberland.com's website. I'm thinking about buying a pair. Did you read the thing on sportsman's guide about the inside fitting of the boots? I'm wondering what's the deal there.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
I've been wearing a Herman Survivor "Commander" boot at work the last couple weeks. I walk around 9 miles a night over varied terrain in below freezing (single digit) temperatures.

I can't speak for the wear on these boots because there only a few weeks old but I've had other Hermans last a long time.

I can say that my feet were warm and they didn't hurt when the night was over. My ankles were well supported and they had a good footbed.

price 40.00$ at Wal Mart

·
Registered
368 Posts
I used to sell steel toe boots on a "shoemobile" at industrial sites over all of Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Timberland was one of my largest sellers... never saw a boot like that made by them. If it really is a timberland for $57 it'd be a good buy

·
Registered
424 Posts
I am terrible with finding boots I am comfortable in!! Everyone keeps saying you have to let them break in. MULE FRITTERS!!!

Baseball glove yes, boots NO!! The last 2 yrs+ I have had to wear safety/steel toe boots at work. I wasted 175 bucks on a pair of Red Wings everyone said I should get. They kill my feet!! Tried Wolverines, Carolinas, Bates and sneaker steel toes.

Best boot I have found is the Converse 8674 tac boots, hands down!! Slipped them on and was like ahhhhhh. I hardly even bother with sneakers anymore!

Run about $80 at LA Police gear.

Converse Boots

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've not been impressed by the two pairs of Timberland boots I've owned. The Sportsman's Guide often has incredible deals on Danner footwear. I am impressed by the pair of Danner boots I own.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got a set of these (believe it or not, I picked them up at a local Ross-or one of those discount stores-for an even better deal than that several months ago. I couldn't resist.) They are not US made unfortunately.

Anyway, they seem to be well built. They are comfortable and supportive, and come with three diferent sized insoles so you can tailor the fit to your specific feet. They seem to be fairly warm, something I'm not sure is on purpose or not.

I have not had the (dis)pleasure of testing them in any truely wet conditions; as they don't state they don't have a waterproof membrane or anything but do have two very small vents to allow water to drain from, I doubt any real measure of "waterproofness" beyond limited exposure.

The traction is quite good over anything I've walked over, wet or dry. The colors seem to be a bit more subtle than the picture in my view.

Did I mention they are comfy?

Besides showing up where they did at such a good price unexpectedly, I decided to purchase them as I thought they would be good for moderate use for things like light/medium outside work, the occasional shooting class, general hiking, etc., and I really wanted a first exposure of the whole "boots that fit/feel more like sneakers" thing. (I would have doggone loved these when I was in Saudi/Kuwait waaaaay back when...or back stateside too for that matter, but these kinds of boots didn't really exist when I was in.) I knew I wasn't getting a high-end, made in the USA, gortex, last-you-a-lifetime, kind of boot here but I wasn't paying for that either.

To that end, they seem to suit those goals fairly well, though I probably wouldn't buy them again. YMMV.

C-

·
Registered
61 Posts
I believe that likely you won't get more than you pay for. I expect "bargain" products to fail. If you want quality these days, it seems like you have to search high and low, and then when you do find it, you have to pay through the nose for it. Just a little reality check for you. Have fun shopping, but remember, caveat emptor!

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Crucible.
I've already ordered and it sounds like for my needs they will be perfect. I'm mainly using these as a dry range boot.

I have several other pairs of boots that will complement these ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good boots not great

There good boots but not great. I bought a pair of Magnums and do not buy them.I am looking for a good pair also. Someone told me to check out red wing shoes.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I am telling you...put out the money and get you a pair of Danners. They are well worth every penny. I have three pairs. They have never ever let me down. They cost a little extra...but will make up the difference in years of service. I like the USA made models a lot better.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yep Danner and Oakley I have walked many a mile with alot of ger on with both of these and that is all I use. Mostly Danner though

·
Registered
424 Posts
Someone told me to check out red wing shoes.
That's how I ended up with a pair of $175 boots that KILL my feet, collecting dust in the garage.

Go back and see my earlier post to save your wallet and your feet, friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts