Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This oughta upset everybody.

How they vote in the United Nations:

Below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic States which are recorded in both the US State Department and United Nations records:

Kuwait votes against the United States 67% of the time;

Qatar votes against the United States 67% of the time;

Morocco votes against the United States 70% of the time;

United Arab Emirates votes against the U. S. 70% of the time;

Jordan votes against the United States 71% of the time;

Tunisia votes against the United States 71% of the time;

Saudi Arabia votes against the United States 73% of the time;

Yemen votes against the United States 74% of the time;

Algeria votes against the United States 74% of the time;

Oman votes against the United States 74% of the time;

Sudan votes against the United States 75% of the time;

Pakistan votes against the United States 75% of the time;

Libya votes against the United States 76% of the time;

Egypt votes against the United States 79% of the time;

Lebanon votes against the United States 80% of the time;

India votes against the United States 81% of the time;

Syria votes against the United States 84% of the time;

Mauritania votes against the United States 87% of the time.

U S Foreign Aid to those that hate us:

Egypt, for example, after voting 79% of the time against the United States, still receives $2 billion annually in US Foreign Aid;

Jordan votes 71% against the Unit ed States and receives $192,814,000 annually in US Foreign Aid;

Pakistan votes 75% against the United States receives $6,721,000 annually in US Foreign Aid;

India votes 81% against the United States receives $143,699,000 annually;

Perhaps it is time to get out of the UN and give the tax savings back to the American workers who are having to skimp and sacrifice to pay the taxes.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Randy - can I say ''Long Past - Time To Get Out" !!!!!

Frankly from my POV - we are and have been for a long time - suckered.!

·
Super Moderator
18,094 Posts
Our congressmen know this.

They are guilty of aiding and abetting the enemy. As far as Im concerned, anybody that votes against us most of the time is the enemy. That is not to say that we need to make war against them, but we DANG sure dont need to be giving them money either.

It'll never change. Get used to it. You might as well learn to like it.

Foreign aid is BS. Where in the Constitution does it allow the government to take taxes from American citizens and give it to foreigners ?

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
My Old Dad Always Said:

"Never Hand Anybody The Knife They Need To Stab You In The Back."

It sure is time to get out & we should just ignore the U.N. from this point forward. Let them come crawling back begging to us the next time there is a World Crisis. Then...put the vote up to the American people as to if we are willing to send $143,699,000 of OUR tax dollars to India or not.
I'll bet 70 percent of us vote NO!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mad:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I say send them a bill then fore close on some land and give them a reason to hate us.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
yep, the U.N. is near worthless anyway. Their next big step is to diarm the public of all nations. Just saw a article on their work in Brazil. Perhaps a full pull out of the worlds hotspots is in order and a strenghening of our borders with troops will stop illegal immigration.

·
Registered
20 Posts
that is outrageous

I knew that a good amount of money went overseas but take that same amount of money that goes to India and wow I bet we could secure our borders then!!! Heck yeah, let's get out!!

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
P95Carry said:
Randy - can I say ''Long Past - Time To Get Out" !!!!!

Frankly from my POV - we are and have been for a long time - suckered.!
Exactly how I feel!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Lets spend all that money on THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.(not illegal alians either) What POS Dem's and Reps. elected to spend our taxdollars helping countries that either do not like us or downright want to harm us ? Thats just plain wrong !-----------

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Yep...they're going to hate us whether we give 'em foreign aid or not...that money should be spent right here in America.

I wonder how much of it winds up in Swiss bank accounts, anyway :mad:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I agree that we should get out of the UN for a variety of reasons, but I distrust these statistics. They are too broad to be meaningful, and presented without context or criteria. Countries receive contributions in aid from the US for many reasons that have no relation to UN activities and everything to do with furthering US foreign policy abroad. Many UN votes have no real-world effects. Percentages presented without context or criteria are less than useful.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm just tired of sending money to foreign governments PERIOD!! I don't pay taxes to make life better in India, China, Kuwait or anyplace else. If the government wants to blow the money we give them they should at least do it on our own people. Do any of you guys pay your neighbors bills???????

·
Registered
132 Posts
With regard to the Saudis alone, if we hadn't taught them how to dig a hole in the ground they'd still be trading camels for a living instead of pumping oil. Anybody remember ARAMCO?

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tom357 said:
I agree that we should get out of the UN for a variety of reasons, but I distrust these statistics. They are too broad to be meaningful, and presented without context or criteria. Countries receive contributions in aid from the US for many reasons that have no relation to UN activities and everything to do with furthering US foreign policy abroad. Many UN votes have no real-world effects. Percentages presented without context or criteria are less than useful.
I'm not sure where, exactly, they came from, but here is Snopes.com's take on it.....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Bumper said:
I'm not sure where, exactly, they came from, but here is Snopes.com's take on it.....
Thank you. That was very interesting. The article also expressed the kinds of concerns and reservations I had with the quoted statistics. While the lack of support in the UN is depressing, I hope we don't place too much value on the UN or allow the UN overmuch influence on our foreign policy. I'd still like to know the nature of the resolutions being counted. Both Congress and the UN seem to enjoy proposing really stupid resolutions, sometimes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts