Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
That is the way I read it.................

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I like the bill personally, particularly in referencing the blade length. Thanks for posting this!!!!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Makes me tempted to pull my Cold Steel Black Bear Classic out of the safe and strap it on just for fun. :danceban: It's an older model, too, with the nice leather sheath.

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Registered
306 Posts
I could be wrong about this, but I thought this bill was gutted so that the only thing left was that municipalities and counties can't make more restrictions than the State of TN on knives. In other words, Williamson County can't decide that the legal length of a blade is 3 inches, although 4 inches is legal under Tennessee Statutes.

I was REALLY looking forward to getting my first legal automatic knife, but I think we're still stuck with what we've got.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could be wrong about this, but I thought this bill was gutted so that the only thing left was that municipalities and counties can't make more restrictions than the State of TN on knives. In other words, Williamson County can't decide that the legal length of a blade is 3 inches, although 4 inches is legal under Tennessee Statutes.

I was REALLY looking forward to getting my first legal automatic knife, but I think we're still stuck with what we've got.
If what I've read is spot on, you are correct. the bill was gutted as you stated at the behest of the Sheriffs Association (or a sheriff).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts