Defensive Carry banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Glock 40 MOS with a red dot and it is pretty darn accurate. The long slide gobbles up recoil so you are back on target very quickly for your next shot. Fortunately, I do reload so cost is not a factor.

The G40 MOS resides in my Hill People Gear Original Kit Bag on my chest when I hike or backpack. Instant access. I've never had to deal with a black bear but I've not totally confident the 10mm would handle an angry black bear injured and seeking revenge. I also carry a Ruger Toklat in my backpack to end the matter if things go south.

Guns are like a compass...two is one and one is none.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I love the Glock 20, so much I bought 2. Picked up a bunch of extra magazines, bought a bunch of starline brass, and bought up lots of aa#9 powder. Also I got a metal guide rods and 22lb recoil springs for both. I cant think of another gun that can hold 15+1 rounds and be around 357 magnum ballistics.

I am not a fan of the G29 though. Maybe if they went the G43 route and made a single stack that held 7 or 8 and not be so damn fat id consider it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I love my 10mm, I have a RIA Tact II 5' barrel 10mm.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a Glock 40 MOS with a red dot and it is pretty darn accurate. The long slide gobbles up recoil so you are back on target very quickly for your next shot. Fortunately, I do reload so cost is not a factor.

The G40 MOS resides in my Hill People Gear Original Kit Bag on my chest when I hike or backpack. Instant access. I've never had to deal with a black bear but I've not totally confident the 10mm would handle an angry black bear injured and seeking revenge. I also carry a Ruger Toklat in my backpack to end the matter if things go south.

Guns are like a compass...two is one and one is none.

Had any luck finding a holster for the mos40? What red dot are you using? I'm working to add one of these and trying to get all the ducks in a row for when I get one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I live in a must conceal state and the Glock 40 is just too large for me to practically hide by means of a holster. I only carry it when I hike or backpack so the HPG Orginal Kit Bag is perfect as a "chest holster". It draws quickly and is concealed perfectly.

Hill People Gear | Real use gear for backcountry travelers

I put a Burris FastFinder 3 on it and love the combination. It is accurate, affordable and has a lifetime guarantee. In the event I'm out in a bad situation and the FF3 quits on me, I also have a Crimson Trace green laser on the rail to co-witness the FF3. That way, I have two means by which to get on target.

·
Registered
631 Posts
For when 1, 10mm isn't enough you can carry two. The holster came in the mail today and I gotta show it off in this thread also. 2 Glock 20's. Both 3rd gen. Both metal guide rod with 22 lb springs. To keep on track with the topic, Im still not a fan of the g29. With the g40, at that point size wise Id rather carry a 44 mag.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I was carrying a G30 for CCW and decided I wanted to try the G29 10mm for woods carry and maybe a shot at a deer or a pig as I mainly handgun hunt during firearms season.
I liked the G29 so much I started carrying it as a CCW and it was comforting on those wee hours of the morning trips to go hunting.
I killed several pigs with it and eventually sold it and bought the G40 MOS as a primary hunting gun.

I really like the 10mm and the only downsize is cost of ammo if you don't reload, but I do and keep 5-600 rounds loaded, usually Hornady 180 XTP.

·
Registered
803 Posts
For when 1, 10mm isn't enough you can carry two. The holster came in the mail today and I gotta show it off in this thread also. 2 Glock 20's. Both 3rd gen. Both metal guide rod with 22 lb springs. To keep on track with the topic, Im still not a fan of the g29. With the g40, at that point size wise Id rather carry a 44 mag.

I like it.

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Aw ... go ahead and 10mm. I did and I like it.

Reactions: SatCong

·
Registered
3 Posts
41 - 51 of 51 Posts