Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about anybody ealse but I've way to many bad shoots lately. I just read one about a 13 year old that got shot for damaging a mail box and another about some one that got shot for stealing drinks out of a cooler. Don't get me wrong I am all for defending yourself. I wasn't I wouldn't carry. But shooting a 13 year old over a bad prank is way overboard. It's stories like this that do nothing but fuel the anti-gun arguments. We as responsible gunowners and defensive weapon carriers need to use discretion and self-control. I have been a victim of the mailbox vandalism and I will admit is much is I want to beat somebody's little you know what the thought of shooting some kid over it would never crossed my mind. It's stories like those and other bad shoots that tarnish the rest of our good names. Even just in jest none of us should condone such behavior. Not saying anybody does just saying we shouldn't. I guess it just goes to show you that there's almost as many stupid people with guns as there are without them.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Do you under stand people are fed up . Of People just doing as they want. No respect for property or other people. Court system letting criminals thru revolving door . Schools that don't teach American history . Kick a little boy out for a pop tart pistol. Ban American flags and clothing. But allow the Mexican flag to fly and celebrate what was a made up holiday in USA by a beer company. They don't even celebrate it below the border. Attack people who don't want to vote for their choice . BLM nothing but trouble .Yet president seems to support them .
Steal my beer get shot damage mail box get shot . Instant justice in their eyes and I would bet to many other Americans . When law and order return to this country .Maybe these type shooting will stop. Doubt I would shoot you over a mail box . Now Beer might be another story.

·
Super Moderator
18,098 Posts
Do you under stand people are fed up
Exactly.
People are fed up and its only going to get worse.

It's stories like this that do nothing but fuel the anti-gun arguments
Let's get something straight.

The Anti-gunners do not need fuel for their arguments, so you can quit worrying about that. Every minute of every day, someone in government is working to deprive you of the right to bear arms. While you sleep, they are making progress. Sometimes its hard to see, other times they take giant steps.

Their "arguments" only make sense to people that are too numb to see the world around them.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you under stand people are fed up will .These people just doing as they want. No respect for property or other people. Court system letting criminals thru revolving door . Schools that don't teach American history . Kick a little boy out for a pop tart pistol. Ban American flags and clothing. But allow the Mexican flag to fly and celebrate what was a made up holiday in USA by a beer company. They don't even celebrate below the border. Attack people who don't want to vote for their choice . BLM nothing but trouble Yet president seems to support them .
Steal my beer get shot damage mail box get shot . Instant justice in their eyes and I would bet to many other Americans . When law and order return to this country .Maybe these type shooting will stop. Doubt I would shoot you over a mail box . Now Beer might be another story.
That's the point it's not justice. It's overkill! I'll go one step further it's stupid and irresponsible. I love to take a poll on how many folks here in your younger days didn't commit stupid and thoughtless pranks when they were youngsters personally I never broke anybody's mailbox but I will admit to pull into hot SH trick a few times. Can almost guarantee The guy that shot at 13-year-old wasn't thinking of anything else except getting even. I'll show them attitude. I still believe in all of the Constitution and its laws let the punishment fit the crime. How many people have snuck a beer when somebody wasn't looking when we were kids in essence it's the same thing you stole it should you been shot for it .

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Schools that don't teach American history
I agree with most of what you wrote above but definitely not the quote above. I am a History teacher and try to make it as interesting and engaging as possible using as much technology as possible.

But students simply don't care. The apathy of the average American student is astounding! The lessons are being taught, but they are not being learned.

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
Pre internet most of these stories would be local probably never even make it out of the county. Now with the power of the internet you could search for say “Man bites dog while fighting over food” and you will find plenty of stories matching your search and if you check them each story will be almost verbatim.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I agree with most of what you wrote above but definitely not the quote above. I am a History teacher and try to make it as interesting and engaging as possible using as much technology as possible.

But students simply don't care. The apathy of the average American student is astounding! The lessons are being taught, but they are not being learned.
I got to be honest, I know I wasn't the best student, but I don't remember anything out side of the few major president or situation in American history taught buy my schools. We didn't learn anything about are rights or constitution. We didnt learn anything about the importance of people being in control of are nation. I know that different people teach different ways and districts teach different ways, I just don't think the schools push it they way they should? You may be a great teacher about it and I would have to say you are just buy being here but alot of people may not tea like you. I'm also sure on what your saying is true also.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I don't know about anybody else but I've way to many bad shoots lately.
Me too....The San Bernadino and Orlando ones stick in my mind...yet the anti-gunners took both of these ISIS fueled terror attacks and are attempting to use them as fuel for gun control legislation they have had written for years....the victims relatives in Orlando had not been fully notified before they began screaming to ban "assault rifles"....and washing this attack with gender and identity politics....so if you think you are going to convince them of anything other than their agenda...you are delusional. Sorry...that's a simple fact.

·
Registered
36,167 Posts
There is a process for dealing with bad shootings--it is called trial by jury.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
What would we do if hit with an electronic blanket? Our world would consist of what's going on in our immediate surroundings. And???

·
Registered
776 Posts
I surely cannot get behind shooting someone over a mailbox or a cooler raid but understand that many Americans have had it with a system that does nothing but take from them. A system that pushes their country farther and farther along a path reviled by a large percentage of the population. And those little miscreants are seen as the larval offspring of that system.

I expect such incidents will only become more common as our nation skips along the Yellow Brick Road.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Pre internet there were no forum/ social media. No place for us to air our opinions. What is your point? I don't get it.
I think his point is that these bad shootings are getting more widely reported, especially with it being a hot topic. So, the number of shootings may not be rising as quickly as it seems, just the number of news reports about them rising.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Truthfully, no other person's action tarnishes my good name.

Though, the ignorant surely do ascribe the idea of the existence of predators to "us" all.

We're basically seeing the beginnings of anarchy taking hold. It's starting at the fringes, with relatively low-grade criminal activity. Used to be, it was "don't do that" which was taught to kids. Nowadays, it's frequently "don't get caught" that's taught and learned. Deliberate damage of property, deliberate pointless assaults upon people (ie, the "knock-out game"), these group looting mobs. For the most part, 'cause the idjets doing this know very well they're unlikely to get caught. And it started at the cradle, where li'l Johnnie simply wasn't taught to be human and a part of this world.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I don't know about anybody ealse but I've way to many bad shoots lately. I just read one about a 13 year old that got shot for damaging a mail box and another about some one that got shot for stealing drinks out of a cooler. Don't get me wrong I am all for defending yourself. I wasn't I wouldn't carry. But shooting a 13 year old over a bad prank is way overboard. It's stories like this that do nothing but fuel the anti-gun arguments. We as responsible gunowners and defensive weapon carriers need to use discretion and self-control. I have been a victim of the mailbox vandalism and I will admit is much is I want to beat somebody's little you know what the thought of shooting some kid over it would never crossed my mind. It's stories like those and other bad shoots that tarnish the rest of our good names. Even just in jest none of us should condone such behavior. Not saying anybody does just saying we shouldn't. I guess it just goes to show you that there's almost as many stupid people with guns as there are without them.
Well I hope that when "fed up" gun owners use guns for reasons other than protecting life that they face the full penalty of the law and have their gun rights taken away.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And the tinfoil hat brigade rides on the scene again. My point for the 0P was that we as responsible shooters need to use our heads before we pull our weapons. There is no excuse for shooting a 13-year-old child over a mailbox. I don't care how fed up you are with anything. That point seems to be missed by some of the folks out there. Let me pose this question to you good folks. If one person's justification for shooting 13-year-old kid who just destroyed his mailbox is that he's fed up with all the crime. Fed up with society. Fed up with the way country is run and the people that govern it. what is the difference between that person and a person that goes in and shoots a couple dozen people because he doesn't like the fact that two men were kissing. Or disagrees with their religion. Or some other scenario. Aren't they the same. If I am to believe that the rationale behind these things is because people are fed up with things then they are the same. I for one don't believe that. I am done no more

1 - 20 of 64 Posts