Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
well today i should get my Ca ccw. but first the sheriff wants to talk to me. and collect $80usd more from me.

what will he ask me?
i would only answer correctly, no lies.
i do not have a poker-face. and sure he would see right through a lie just from being around those who lie for everything.

if i have a halio on my head it is dented and tarnished. but i do try to keep things right, and just.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Florida you just fill out app, finger prints, picture and send all in with your $120. Then you wait. No talking to anyone.:yup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just know that in California, even if you are justified to use deadly force in self-defense, the courts there are likely to send you to prison. I guess just be happy that you are alive.

I don't live there though, so perhaps everything I've heard is wrong.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes you have heard wrong.
you will be arrested (leos do not know what happened so the sate says arrest and figure out latter, aka spend more tax dollars.) but if a good shoot and a good lawyer no prison time. but then there is always a possible civil law suite.

the $80.oo more was to pay for the fbi background check. hay it is ca they like to take our hard earned moneys.

but no questions as i was told. there were about 12 in there just a 15 min talk. and pay the tax get paper (no plastic cards yet) state thing to have paper not plastic.

yes other states are far easier and cheaper to get.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The talk is to ascertain your demeanor about hairy incidents. Just say you'll call the police and let them handle it unless you are in danger and have to act in self defense. Never be ala Zimmerman to the LEOs.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Nothing like being forced to perform for your rights. The $80 payment just adds insult to injury.

·
Premium Member
36,786 Posts
ca, i must have dropped twice that much. and a good six months. but with a florida i can not carry in ca.
but with the ca permit i can carry past the end of my driveway.
And with your California license, you can do something that the rest of us cannot, which is legally carry in California. Congrats on getting it done.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And with your California license, you can do something that the rest of us cannot, which is legally carry in California. Congrats on getting it done.

thanks.
luckily more and more people here are getting there ccw's.
it has been a push, the demigods keep changing the rules. but we are keeping ahead of them by a tiny bit.
the sad part is the fools living on our tax moneys vote how the demigods tell them to. and there are more of them than some states have in total pop.

i read someplace that if they were to take the vote counts from ca away from the president election. trump would have gotten 52% or so of the total vote count.
why ca needs to be split and the birth of the 51 first state, the great state of Jefferson. our state constitution would be the same as the federal one.
the state of ca would be mostly city's.
the state of Jefferson would be rural farm land and open mt country.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The talk is to ascertain your demeanor about hairy incidents. Just say you'll call the police and let them handle it unless you are in danger and have to act in self defense. Never be ala Zimmerman to the LEOs.
never asked a question, there were 14 of us getting a permit this day.
the sheriff just talked a short bit. and said thank you and we got the papers.

and if my life or another is in danger and there is no other way out, then that is the ONLY reason to pull out a gun.

all others move on and call the police.
a ccw holder or any other armed human is not to pretend to be the police, and there job is not to act like a cop.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
In California bring marijuana laced brownies. Good old donuts just don't cut it there. :blink: - and yes, I did live in California. Call me the happy escapee.

I gather you live in rural California.. Good choice.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
move to ca and you will know why.
No thank you on the offer to move to California.

My question was an honest one. So I assume that in order for you to receive a permit to carry your sidearm, you have to have an audience with the sheriff of the county in which you life. Does he ask questions and if so, what are the nature of those questions? Or is the meeting on the order of a lecture or some kind of instructions he presents before issuance?

Reactions: Sister
1 - 20 of 29 Posts