Defensive Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windy and cold, and this evening I wanted to see how the PPS did at distance.
So, I went back 50 yards. With the wind blowing I was thinking this should be fun or funny.

First the PPS M2. It really made a good showing for me. Using the 8 round mag, I was rewarded with the sound of 8 dings on the steel.

Next up the Springfield Ronin. Of course the 1911 trigger made it easy, and the 45 slugs made a real nice sound when they hit.

I had not practiced any real distance or slow fire for a while. It was a nice change of pace, and confident inspiring in a different sort of way.

Did anyone else get in any practice this weekend?
Revolver Trigger Grass Bicycle part Air gun

Plant Sculpture Trunk Statue Lawn ornament

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice. Dumping rain in inches this weekend with some winds between 35-40 mph. Not a great weekend to shoot for me.

I like the Walthers. They tend to be pretty accurate.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I don't go to the range here on the weekends because it is a zoo. Way too many people, many of whom have no clue when it comes to safety. But tomorrow morning, I am headed out for ducks and/or rabbits.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey how about 100 yds. with the PPS? Hickok45 can do it why not you?Come on Man!
I think his gong is 18 inches and at 80 yards.

50 yards is actually too close to be very challenging, even my 12x17 inch silhouette, but it’s on my home range, and 50 yards is the maximum distance I have to shoot to where I can still see it and keep it set up where there is a safe backstop.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice! Way better shooting than I can do. How do you like your Walther and Ronin? I have a Springfield Mil-Spec that’s fun to shoot. I see Springfield just came out with the Ronin EMP, which looks intriguing for conceal carry.

Anyway, I also went this past weekend to try out my new Shield Plus. I also brought along my S&W 3913 and my Colt Competition. I know what you mean about the 1911 trigger. While the Shield Plus’s trigger isn’t as good as a 1911’s, it’s still pretty good for a being striker-fired, and surprisingly enough I shot it just as well as I shot my Colt Competition from 5 to 15 yards.

Here’s a pic of the three of them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,018 Posts
Nice, I was really impressed with my pps m1 accuracy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts