Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd see well ahead, if anyone might be going to the Gun Show in Tulsa?

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

11 acres I believe of much that is shootable! I and my wife are planning to go, and at same time meet up with Larry Ashcraft and his wife, another couple from THR and our own sm.

Just wondering if anyone else might be going and if so - work out some way to meet up. Seems like early days but actually only about 11 weeks away.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd love to go not only for the gun show but to visit Tulsa. Tulsa is a great city. I haven't been there in about 10 years but lived there for a year as a boy. The city is extremely easy to navigate.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are lucky, in as much as we have a chance to get some low priced standby air tickets so travel will be pretty economical, tho we have to get to airport and back of course this end. So, for 2 hotel nights and eating - it should not be too severe on cost.

I shall soon start checking in detail on all that is needed re TSA to get my carry piece thru in checked baggage - my FL permit is good for OK I am happy to say.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't know, I'd have to drive 4 WHOLE MILES!!! I'll be there, I may, may mind you, be able to swing some pre-event passes. I've been told this is when all the great deals happen, the friday night before.

Count me in!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - four whole miles!!! :biggrin2:.

Well - I don't know what time we will get there yet and so like as not Saturday may be our starting point. However - be good to touch base nearer the time and see what gives.

Could well be we can arrange a meet somehow - possibly ''locate by cell phone'' which is what usually works :wink:

·
Registered
274 Posts
P95Carry said:
Wow - four whole miles!!! :biggrin2:.

Well - I don't know what time we will get there yet and so like as not Saturday may be our starting point. However - be good to touch base nearer the time and see what gives.

Could well be we can arrange a meet somehow - possibly ''locate by cell phone'' which is what usually works :wink:
Definitely, let's stay in touch, PM if you like. If you need a ride from the airport, let me know. I work out there and know where the keys to the company minivan are.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx WP - well looks so far as tho Larry or one of the others could pick us up - we'll be the only folks without a vehicle.

But yeah - later on nearer time, we'll PM and see how things are looking. Thx a lot for the offer.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'll just happen to be in the Great State of Oklahoma during that period of time. It'll be my second weekend there. I'll have to bribe the old lady somehow to get her to take me to Tulsa. 11 acres of guns....I don't think I could miss that. And as P95 said, OK honors the CCW permit, so look out!!

BTW, what's the admission?????

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jar - if near the time you think it'll work out - stay in touch.

We can organize a cell phone call-out and thus a meet.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title, to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:

1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;

---This means buildings like City Hall, Water Dept., etc. -----

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:

d. any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this subparagraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

----Legal mumbo jumbo, but looks to me like I can pack at the show----

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thx guys, I had been forewarned.!

So Kevin you too eh. Well tell ya what guys, coupla weeks before, I'll kick off a thread in the ''meeting place'' forum and well hone down some way to touch base and meet up. Could work.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Cool, shouldn't be hard to meet up. There's the huge Tulsa driller out front. Designate someones cell phone so the stragglers can catch up.

Problem is I'm not sure I can wait that long. I am jonesing for an EAA Witness compact in 10MM. It's calling me....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am jonesing for an EAA Witness compact in 10MM. It's calling me....
So - get that first LOL! :18:

·
Registered
78 Posts
BTW, what's the admission?????
Ten bucks. Here's a tip though. If you are an annual member of NRA, or not a member at all, you can join or renew at the front door for $25, bypass the lines, and get in free. Kinda screws the life members like Chris over though.

The lines are long, but they move fast. Best reason to get there early is the parking. Sm and I must have walked at least a half mile last year. Not a problem as the weather was nice and all we were carrying was a 28 ga 870, but if you buy a couple cases of 30-06, you definately want to either park close or use one of the shuttles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts