Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 6 O clock today the State and PG&E notified us that at 6AM our power will go off for 1 to 3 days!
For "Climate Change Reasons". We have the possibility of 8 to 10 mile an hour winds!

Whats changed? That just sounds like fall weather! Some how I smell a rat! What do you want to bet they ask for and get a rate increase to cover the "Lost revenue" from the outages. Because they could not get a rate increase to cover the fires.. they will get it back this way. Anyway, I'll see you guys when I get out of power jail! DR

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
At 6 O clock today the State and PG&E notified us that at 6AM our power will go off for 1 to 3 days!
For "Climate Change Reasons". We have the possibility of 8 to 10 mile an hour winds!

Whats changed? That just sounds like fall weather! Some how I smell a rat! What do you want to bet they ask for and get a rate increase to cover the "Lost revenue" from the outages. Because they could not get a rate increase to cover the fires.. they will get it back this way. Anyway, I'll see you guys when I get out of power jail! DR
David the communist on abc reported that the big fire was started by the power co and their rolling blackout. They will have to raise the rates for settlement money to cover the lawsuits that are coming.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts

That same justification was used to increase the rates for the water for some of my family that lives there. Thinking back to the “energy shortage” I expect nothing less that the highest level of corruption from PG&E. Hope you all don’t lose your sanity.

·
Registered
33,897 Posts
For all those folks deciding to leave, CA, just remember to leave CA behind you. There should be a huge class-action suit against that power company.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I think they are just trying to condition you Californians for their upcoming "green new deal" they have planned. 3 days without power will seem like heaven compared to months without power, water or food. At least you will feel better about your nasty carbon footprint being gone.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Just a couple of necessary items for those of you in CA:

1) Surplus B-52 start cart (safety note...don't settle for an explosive start cartridge...you need the one with the Buick V8 engine)

Cart.JPG

2) 1,000 gallon above ground fuel tank

·
Registered
33,897 Posts
Just a couple of necessary items for those of you in CA:

1) Surplus B-52 start cart (safety note...don't settle for an explosive start cartridge...you need the one with the Buick V8 engine)

View attachment 305176

2) 1,000 gallon above ground fuel tank
It's been a couple years since I retired, but there was always two carts, one for power on one side, one for air to start the engines on the other. The engine start cart just blew hot air like a Yankee on steroids. The AF had a combined power/air cart (-60?) for a while, but it was a fuel-eating turbine that cost a lot more to operate.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
3 days?!? What about people that need power to stay alive? Oxygen machines are things like that?
I don't understand your question. The people that actually matter (you know life-tenure bureaucrats and the elite) are unaffected by these rolling blackouts.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
It's been a couple years since I retired, but there was always two carts, one for power on one side, one for air to start the engines on the other. The engine start cart just blew hot air like a Yankee on steroids. The AF had a combined power/air cart (-60?) for a while, but it was a fuel-eating turbine that cost a lot more to operate.
And there ought to be a lot of them around given that we gave away most of our Strategic Bombers and put them either in storage or scrapped them........ :mad:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts