Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is the day,.. Has anyone saw any businesses posting up yet? I have not/but then again I haven't looked either..

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
If they do, get your NO GUN, NO $ cards ready.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any of them cards,.. I wouldn't want to stow my piece to go back in to tell them why I wasn't eating there.. ??? I probably need to rethink this.. Maybe NO-ONE will post signs according to the law to prohibit carry... :)

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
I went to Westgate for dinner the other night, and saw signs posted on Margaritavile and the Yard House. Guess where I am not going anymore?
If you decide to not eat there at least let them know why in writing.

I find that sending a handwritten letter is better than talking to the harried and overworked manager of a busy establishment trying to turn over tables as quickly as possible.

Biker

·
Registered
737 Posts
Restaurant carry goes into law, I take it?

·
Registered
296 Posts
This is the first I've heard of it, but it sounds like signs have been given validity there. I always remember seeing signs on grocery stores when I lived there, but I can't recall seeing a single business I've been to posted here in Las Vegas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had conversation with manager of Gracie's Station, located on SR 90 in Benson AZ. Said NO FIREARM signs would be going up on front door and
in bar area. Nice place/their loss!!!

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Any of you members in AZ might want to hit up CHUY's if you're in the area. Sounds like they want your money :yup:.

New law with guns in bars in effect this week | LOCAL NEWS | Arizona | azfamily.com

New law with guns in bars in effect this week

More Phoenix Local News

09:50 PM Mountain Standard Time on Monday, September 28, 2009

Jared DIllingham / 3TV

PHOENIX – Guns in restaurants and bars is about to become a reality in Arizona after a 5-year battle.
Video
September 28th, 2009
New guns in bars law to go in effect - azfamily.com's Jared Dillingham reports guns in restaurants and bars is about to become a reality.
More Local video

* View larger
* E-mail clip
* More video

Search Video:

Chuy's in Phoenix is one place that will allow customers to carry guns but most of the restaurant owners 3TV talked to oppose the new law and are hanging signs in their windows.

Chris Osborn, with Cadillac Ranch, says, “Almost everyone I’ve talked to is sick to their stomachs." He and other restaurant owners have been fighting the guns-in-restaurants law for years. Osborn says, “Everyone's got a lot of fear that people are going to die under stupid circumstances."

He says all of the bars at Tempe Marketplace have put up “No-guns-allowed' signs. Allowing restaurant owners to choose whether to permit guns was part of a compromise that helped the bill pass this year. Osborn says, “It takes the heat off our back, but still that could create a very dangerous situation."

But at Chuy's restaurants, Manager Steve Burris says, “I think it just helps protect our community." He says criminals would not pay attention to a “No-guns-allowed' sign even if he did put it up and adds that gun owners he knows are responsible. “People who are responsible citizens are not going to misuse the law."

One other important part of the new law is if you are drinking alcohol you are not allowed to carry a gun. The law goes into effect on Wednesday.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have yet to see any signs,.. . I'll be eating at Chuy's allot... :) I have not heard if Pizza hut and places like that will put up signs,.. I'm hoping they don't... :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am going to be visiting AZ next month. Does anyone know if ignoring the signs is a crime? In many states, it is only a crime if you ignore a request to leave.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am extremely jealous of AZ. VA tried to pass a similar law and Gov. Kaine vetoed it...twice.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
When money talks, many of the signs will walk...you'll see.:yup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I drove by a few of the places up in my area, and have yet to find anyone with a sign up.. I'm really happy I didn't see nothing at Fox and the Hound.. I like that place,... :image035:

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Well it's been a couple days now.

Any reported blood-bath? :danceban:

·
Registered
100 Posts
For some reason the few signs I have seen in the valley only seem visible as you exit the establishment.
:)

A well known Arizona carry Author wrote me in response to my question of does a sign constitute constructive notice:

"Sort of.
You must receive "constructive notice" which means provable in court.
A sign doesn't necessarily do that, leaves wiggle room.
So the place or event operator must come over and make sure you know,
and then if you fail to leave, you're in clear violation."

I am waiting to see the case law appear on this issue myself.

·
Registered
611 Posts
You see the signs all over in Missouri for no carry. I dont patrionize but I have noticed that some of the signs have come down. I dont understand why Arizona did this. You guys have had CCW for a while now and even more so, open carry is more widley accepted than in the St Louis area.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Complaining here about no-guns-allowed businesses doesn't help. Send letters, pass out cards, and email them and their bosses.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've still been checking out the area for new signage,. Still have not come across anything new,.. :)

I will send a letter to the owner if I find any place,..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts