Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really enjoy this little gun. A breeze to carry and nice to shoot.

Began at the 8 yard line and drew, firing 3 shots for two strings.
I did time these, and my splits were .22-30 range. Average total 3 shot time was 1.56.

But; I have a lot of work to do with this gun. I walked the 3rd shot on each string off the steel, which means a combination of a couple of things, but what it boils down to is I am once pushing beyond my proficiency level with this gun.
But that’s ok, gives me something to work on.

The PPS will likely replace all of my Glocks for EDC. Actually to the degree I plan on getting a second PPS set up the exact same way, with the same holster…..the $19.95 Amberide IWB.

The Glocks aren’t going anywhere, and I only have two left, but a couple of things will get liquidated to buy the second PPS M2 and a couple of cases of practice ammo.

I am also going to invest in a few more 6 round mags since I only have one at this time. The other two are a seven and 8 round, and they do fine strongside, but AIWB the six rounder conceals much better under a t-shirt.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The PPS M2 is hard to beat as an ergonomic design, and a great shooter. Wish I hadn't let my wife shoot mine, it soon became her carry pistol. But I also like my Shield .45 PC that replaced it.

·
Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The PPS M2 is hard to beat as an ergonomic design, and a great shooter. Wish I hadn't let my wife shoot mine, it soon became her carry pistol. But I also like my Shield .45 PC that replaced it.
The Shield is also a fantastic pistol. I tried them all and it was a harder choice between the Shied, PPS, and the XDs-9. The Glock 43 and 43x were the first I ruled out, and I’m a Glock guy.

Reactions: Eric357 and ctr

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
PPS is a great pistol. Good choice v

Reactions: Eric357

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Little Walthers grow on you, don't they?
This is the Walther that James Bond SHOULD be carrying. I have a few single stack pistols including a Shield, XDs, G43.....and the Walther is the one I shoot the best and carry the most. Didn't intend for it to be that way since I am a dyed in the wool Glock fan boy.....but that is how it turned out.

·
Registered
21,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Little Walthers grow on you, don't they?
This is the Walther that James Bond SHOULD be carrying. I have a few single stack pistols including a Shield, XDs, G43.....and the Walther is the one I shoot the best and carry the most. Didn't intend for it to be that way since I am a dyed in the wool Glock fan boy.....but that is how it turned out.
I love Glock too. But this PPS beats the sand out of the 43, or any other single stack I have tried, including the 365 and Hellcat. ( add the obligatory “ for me”)

I like it so well, I’m getting another, with the same holster as a back up.

I can see my edc carry set up being exclusively the PPS and j frame combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts