Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scratchy Wilson's post got me thinking about all the stuff we carry and how I never seem to have enough scape for it on my belt. Typically I wear my pistol, spare mag on my belt. I also carry a folder knife,cell phone , truck/house keys, O.C. and other odds and ends. I wind up using pockets to carrry or clip stuff to and never seem to have enough room. If I wear it all on my belt I run out of space and look like I am 30 lb. heavier with a cover garment.

·
Banned
303 Posts
I found a concealment vest has loads of pockets with different closures for just about anything. With winter coming on it sounds like that may be one answer.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I own a 5.11 vest, alot of the time it doesn't fit the rest of my attire. When I do carry it, I do have enough room.

·
Registered
427 Posts
rocky,

For me, the KISS principle works...just the pistol and a spare mag. Of course, the bride carries, too. That helps...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I use a vest in the summer a lot but - because that is mostly for when out and on bike - most of time - t-shirt only and so - belt does it all.

Indeed, not enough belt - well not enough in right places! I consider belt gear needs to be between 2.30 - 4.0 o'clock right and equivalent on left.

To be honest this means that with rig on right and left sporting Leatherman Wave and E1e - that's about it. I do not want anything further to rear that will be uncomfortable when sitting and leaning back - and too much to front just feels like clutter!!

Spare mag goes in left front pocket - no probs there when I have it - but cell phone usually has to go top pocket of shirt, vest, whatever.

Bottom line - I cannot carry all I would like always.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I find myself running out of belt space even without a pistol to carry, although I do try and keep room available behind my hip for where the pistol would be carried.

On a daily basis I carry my cell phone, a pager, and a glove pouch on my belt. I also carry a 2-way radio strong side (figure I can do this, because as an EMT, I'm not allowed to practice while armed, so the radio and pistol fighting for belt space is not a big issue.) On varying days, you can add a leatherman, or a 6P surefire light in a holder, or other assorted stuff to that mix.

It ends up eating room on my belt real quick, and it's twice as bad when you consider my skinny 34" waist......

Jim

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Right front pocket: key carabiner, Benchmade 750SBT & cellphone clipped on.

Left front pocket: small Tylenol bottle of mixed OTC stuff and eyedrops (gotta love that TN Valley pollen :rolleyes: ).

Right rear pocket: Wallet, comb, secondary Benchmade as needed.

Strongside belt: IWB carry weapon (3:15 to 4:00).

Offside belt: Spare mag, speedstrip or speedloader and soon to add Surefire 6P - when I decide on a temporary carrier. All that juggled between 9:00 and 11:00.

That's pretty much everything I carry ... but it still feels like Batman's toolbelt at times.
Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts