Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a pain that was and I only did the frame. The slide is at Customized Creations for a paint job. Anyone know where you can find schematics, video's, etc. for Sig dis-assembly?

And.....how do you find the date code on a Sig? I don't see anything, no letters, nothing.

·
Super Moderator
25,589 Posts
And.....how do you find the date code on a Sig? I don't see anything, no letters, nothing.
It's in the serial number, and I understand that SIG has started charging for the service. If the pistol is fairly new thay have been putting the manufacture date on one of the stickers on the "blue box".

·
Administrator
144,045 Posts
Try searching youtube for "Todd McKechnie" he may have a dis-assembly for the 220 or similar.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
What about the instruction manual? I am sure you can send SIG an email and they can get you a PDF? I know Ruger will either email them or send them out free of charge for their guns if you give them a hollar.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try searching youtube for "Todd McKechnie" he may have a dis-assembly for the 220 or similar.
I did find a disassembly video for the 228(very similar) on Todd's site, but nothing on the reassembly. I know it's just backwards but if you had a peebrain like mine you'd understand...lol

I did get it back together, but I still don't know what all the parts are by name nor exactly how they work, and I want to.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Answer

If you go to the link below and look on page 26 of this Sig Owner's Manual, you will see the P220 parts diagram:

Sig Owner's Manual on SigArms website

Midway USA sells videos showing the disassembly of Sigs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I had the SIG armorer course on a file sharing website over a year ago so one of the members here could access it. I just can't find it now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts