Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my Missouri mandated CCW training today and passed with flying colors. The class was very informative. I think I'm leaning towards the Utah permit but I'm not 100% sure yet.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Same as here i always wonder what people have to shoot in other states i thought owes was pretty simple fire 50 and at least 15 had to hit paper .. Depending where you go you can use 22's

place i tokk my glass was more shooting 200 rounds and a little advanced training and wouldnt let ya use 22

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I'm not sure what you get with the MO permit, but check out the New Hampshire non-resident permit; for me it was a great addition of 9 states with a minimum of paperwork and $20. And, it was less than two weeks from the time I dropped it into the mail!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Showme
Congratulations. Now get the paper work filed and get on with the wait. Just for what it's worth, my advice is to get the Missouri lic. and than the Utah also to supplement the Mo. if you feel the need. Many people here in Mo. fought long and hard to get the state to enact this law. I just feel we should support those efforts by getting a Lic. from our home state if it is an option. Also I have read that MI, SC, NH, FL, WV will not honor a permit unless it is a resident permit? This is info I got off handgunlaw.us So being covered on both sides would be a good thing. Just some food for thought.
Mike

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Bud White said:
Same as here i always wonder what people have to shoot in other states i thought owes was pretty simple fire 50 and at least 15 had to hit paper .. Depending where you go you can use 22's

place i tokk my glass was more shooting 200 rounds and a little advanced training and wouldnt let ya use 22

Just a little tangent, KY requires 20 rounds fired and 11 hit the target. You can use a .22 if you want. Thought it was pretty easy myself. Got bored around round 10 and started shooting the head and sleeves since they have to count any black "hits."

Congrats on passing your class. Have fun waiting. :p

·
Registered
750 Posts
Correct about FL only recognizing other state's resident permits. But they do recognize quite a few state permits, though.

mm

·
Registered
341 Posts
Way to go showme. Congratulations.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I took my Missouri CCW class we shot 50 for practice and 50 for the official test.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The official test for Missouri is 20 shots at a distance of 21ft (7 yards) with 15 hitting the paper to qualify and be official shooting at a normal sized target. We shot another 50 with both semi auto's and revolvers, also a requirement. We all used a S&W model 41, 22LR with 2 10rd mags that made it quick and easy.

Our instructor supplied the guns and ammo for the 20rds for qualifing and the other 50rds through wheel gun/'s and semi/'s of your choice, he had many to choose from along with a bonus at the end to shoot his full auto's for a fee that were awesome.

Ti

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mike_1 said:
Showme
Congratulations. Now get the paper work filed and get on with the wait. Just for what it's worth, my advice is to get the Missouri lic. and than the Utah also to supplement the Mo. if you feel the need. Many people here in Mo. fought long and hard to get the state to enact this law. I just feel we should support those efforts by getting a Lic. from our home state if it is an option. Also I have read that MI, SC, NH, FL, WV will not honor a permit unless it is a resident permit? This is info I got off handgunlaw.us So being covered on both sides would be a good thing. Just some food for thought.
Mike
I think I will eventually get my MO CCW, but right now it is a matter of finances. (I don't leave the state much anyways.)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Good luck showme. I hope all goes smoothly for you.
Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts