Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wife Shooting for Mother's Day. She hasn't been able to shoot for over a month due to wrist surgery. We have a .22 conversion for her P226, so she stuck with that. Luckily it didn't bother her at all, so I think she'll be ready for a larger caliber next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, her recovery is taking longer than she was led to believe. So she has very happy to get back to the range. She even went back to crossfit with me yesterday, and she is going to go for a short ride her motorcycle this weekend. We may ride longer depending on how it feels.

I did take her to a fancy Mother's Day brunch prior to hitting the range. Outback is a good idea though, maybe we can ride the bikes there this weekend!!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I did the same actually. It was an informal session on our family farm. My wife wanted to test out her new Glock 17 Gen 4, which she loved. So much so that I was instructed to "accessorize" it with a laser.......tried to tell her it was called "customizing".....but the last bastion of manhood is now under siege.

Reactions: Skate

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sounds like a great Mother's Day! I was at Academy on the Saturday before picking up a Henry and while I was waiting I heard a gentleman and his son walk up asking for "a .380 for a woman."

The salesman I was talking to and I looked at each other confused. Another salesman helped him pick out a Bersa Thunder but I couldn't help but think that my girlfriend would shoot me with whatever gun I picked out for her without her input. :yup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I took my mother-in-law shooting yesterday. She's staying with us this week to help out while my wife recovers from surgery. I told her I was going out for a little while to hit the range, and she asked if she could go with me. She was pretty terrible, but she had a ball!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took my mother-in-law shooting yesterday. She's staying with us this week to help out while my wife recovers from surgery. I told her I was going out for a little while to hit the range, and she asked if she could go with me. She was pretty terrible, but she had a ball!!
Now this is dangerous....I would never take my mother in-law shooting!! She might have an accident, and I would end up the next Cold Case episode on Discovery ID!!!

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
good to see she is getting back to shooting

Reactions: Skate

·
Registered
110 Posts
Love the saying. I want a t shirt too!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man what is it with these women? Lol
Mine shot for the first time on Mother's Day. And LOVED IT. now I gotta go look for a new carry gun I think.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Skate:

Treating Momma right. :yup:

Be prepared for her to become an uber-accurate shooting machine. You're going to have to bump your ammo budget up, a bit, bud. There are worse things.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts