Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind my wife has never even held a gun until today!! except for me showing her some basic safety here at home..

Well we went to the range today. And as most of ya'll remember i had just posted a week or so ago that i got her to sign up for CWP and just had to get her on the paper before next week. Well today we went and she shot 100 rounds of .22 Thanks to everybody that suggested it, it was a blast for both of us. I shoot a .40 but like everyone suggested to start her off light to avoid scaring her. Well her first shot was 15 yards away and she missed the little X in the dead center by about an inch!! I though ahhhh Beginners luck.. LOL untill she kept following those shots! below you will find the pics of her target ranging from 5 yards to 20 yards... THIS WOMAN IS A NATURAL! lol..

Anyways thanks everyone for the good advice here. She is ready to go back again!!!

EDIT!!! The right bottom leg of the X was her first shot!!! WOW!

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Keep in mind my wife has never even held a gun until today!! except for me showing her some basic safety here at home...
THIS WOMAN IS A NATURAL!
Many are:yup:...scary eh?:gah:

Be glad she's interested, many aren't.:frown:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
When a person discovers that then can control the projection of power it is like opening up a window in the soul. They no longer see themselves as helpless to defend themselves or family or friends. They can now move forward with a since of new found confidence. Learning to shoot is just plain good for you.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Can you say "Center of Mass?" Congratulations, you're a lucky man. :yup:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Very nice. Your wife shoots like mine, nice tight groupings.

My wife also got her carry permit and I got her a Ruger LCP .380. She likes it, and that might be something your wife may be interested in.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Been trying to get my wife to the range for 40 years. Not luck - but she is still a keeper!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Awesome! Keep up the good work both of you!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody... I'm proud of her for sure! LOL i couldn't help once she was done i took out the 40 and opened the Center Mass a little more!! LOL.. Didn't get pics of that though hahaha

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
You better do not make her mad :image035:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
most instructors will probably admit that totally inexperienced persons, regardless of the task, will do extremely well their first time if they have been given good instruction on the basic procedures to begin with. I believe the reasoning is that they have not had sufficient experience to develop bad habits... the kind that ruin your shooting abilities, golf swing and other things we tend to take for granted. And, besides, I think women are just better suited for following basic instructions in the beginning (my wife made me say that:blink:)

surv

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I tried to take my ex-wife shooting once..........But she refused to wear the bullseye shirt I gave her :duh::rolleyes:

My "current" wife was some what anti-gun when we met, now she enjoys shooting and carries a S&W 642 with Crimson Trace grips. it's good to get the women involved.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
When a person discovers that then can control the projection of power it is like opening up a window in the soul. They no longer see themselves as helpless to defend themselves or family or friends. They can now move forward with a since of new found confidence. Learning to shoot is just plain good for you.
Very well put! :hand10:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts