Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First day at the range with my new M&P 40C. Rented one before I bought it but now that I own one I really loved it.

Shot 50 rounds PMC bronze ($28 per box at range)
50 rounds of some reloads ($17 per box and lots of smoke)
10 rounds of Gold Dot hollow point 165 grain.

No problems at all. Undecided as to what my defensive rounds will be and I know everybody has their opinion. That is another thread.

If I did it right, attached is a picture of the gun and some targets. 1 at 10ft (5 at head and 5 at stomach) and 1 at about 18 ft (head shot only). Haven't shot a gun in about 20 years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Glad to here it's working perfectly...Not bad shooting for not having shot in 20 years...That's a great carry gun... Congrats.. :congrats:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Great shooting....and great gun...I have been eyeing one for a year r so and keep getting Glocks but I think it is time for a different brand!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Nice gun. I carry Corbon DPX 140gr in mine...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I rented one last week, loved it, other than being a bit too short for my hands even with the extended mag. I think I'll be picking up the full size version, soon.
Good shooter, accurate and recoil was less than what I aniticpated for my first .40. Felt pretty tame compared to a .357 snubbie with magnum rounds.
Gee, another gun, and another safe to store them all in, darn:image035:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I have the M&P .45 full size and love it.

It took a little time to get used to the spongy trigger pull, but it seems like after a few hundred rounds it smoothed out a lot. Now I don't even notice it.

The .40c is on the list. Congratulations.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome to M&P Owners Anonymous. It will take months of therapy and a 12-step program to break this addiction.

Now that you have the M&P compact... Might I tempt you with something in your size?

My addiction:
M&P40 FS
M&P357 FS
M&P9c
M&P9 Pro Series (x2)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats! I also own a .40c as well as an M&P Pro 9mm --- not a single problem with either one. S&W got it right with their new M&P series.

-Seawolf

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
For a compact handgun ammo I like PowerBall or Winchester PDX which is the new politically correct version of the old Black Talons.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Plus one for the 40c, sweet carry weapon. Never leave home without mine.
Congrats!

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I got an M&P 45c and bought my daughter a M&P 9c,they both shoot great,she got the 2 mag rebate offer back in dec 08,We just got the mags last week,almost 11 month wait

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
Great choice and it is my choice for a primary carry gun.:congrats:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts