Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Daughter shooting this afternoon and had a blast! Always enjoy watching her have fun.

As today was primarily for her enjoyment, I didn't bring anything extra with except the 45 Colt Blackhawk that is my usual farm gun.

While she was loading magazines for the .22 rifle, I ran through a couple of point shooting drills at 10yds. When I was done, she asked if she could try it, so I loaded the Single Six and showed her what to do. I'm pretty proud of how quickly she picked up on how to do it!

Here is our final target.
She shot 12rds @ 10yds from shoulder point. I shot 6rds @ 10yds from low retention.

DSCN1286.jpg

Loved her reaction when after I shot. "Dad, you almost missed the first shot. You need more practice. We could skip the fireworks next week and make our own noise." I might just take her up on that...

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
All good. Fun to see them enjoy it so much , isn't it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Nice to see the younger generation enjoying our freedoms.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Great for dad and daughter. I hope she continues.

·
Registered
739 Posts
As noted, I always get a smile on my face seeing parents/Dads with their kids, both male and female at the range on a nice Saturday Morning. Teach them early.. teach them well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looks like all 12 shots of hers are in the circle, and many awesome shots! I bet she was stoked about the near bulls eye hit.

Did she outdo dad?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Good job dad!

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
Nice shootin' dad!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Any dad that takes his daughter shooting; teaching safety & responsibility, gets two thumbs up from me!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the positive reinforcement!
I always enjoy watching her have fun.
If she keeps practicing it won't be long before I have trouble staying ahead of her. For now, she has to shoot two handed due to strength and is limited to single action. As she grows that will change. Next time out I will move her up to my Browning Buckmark. The grip is a bit bigger but shooting two handed she should be ok.

Freakshow, she was grinning like a Cheshire cat. This was her first time point shooting. To have a group like that with only half an hour training is fantastic! I was a little worried about how she would do because she has some trouble with hand eye coordination. I don't think I have to worry about that.

Thanks Noname762, my first shot is almost always high. That's one thing I have been working to correct. The P89DC and P95 are better for me. Wish my G19 was reliable. I shoot better with it, but have have constant FTE/FTF problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts