Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Well old "Tookie" got taken off the count as we say in the prison vernacular. MY heart bleeds. The man killed (that we know of)four people and the Hollywood crowd is weeping and carrying on about a reformed man, murdered by society. How about the victims? Don't care, or it's not "politically correct" to mourn for them. Good on you Arnie, one less scum that we have to feed. I hope he's roasting in hell.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Reformed is he? Then maybe he should of reformed his old street gang the Crip's. Instead of writing children's books. Did the person who wrote "Everyone Poops" get special treatment?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
No tears shed here - tho why it took since what? 1977? - I don't know, except appeals seem to go on for ever.

Arnie at least stood up on this one.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
While i wont mourn " tookie " and i do support the death penalty , i personaly feel that it belittles us to crow about a human dieing , yes tookie had to go , imho he could not be made a productive member of our scociety, howeaver its not something to celebrate its a fact of life he is gone now , the world is prob. richer without him , but none the less let us never celebrate death , necessairy , state sanctoned , or not , let us instead bemoan that it took from 1979 to now for " swift and speedy justice " to arrive , speaking for only myself the dread of the date would be worse than the date a bad man passed , lets reflect on it , and the kids we see , maby some ones time would have changed him from a backshooting animal to a burglier ( no its not a liberal rant lol ) anyway lets celebrate no death that does not involve personal survival .. and if it does involve personal survival well ill buy the first round for the forum when we meet to discuss it

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
He will not kill anyone else.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
yea that is the thing about the death penalty , it may well not stop crime but it is hell on recitivisim , i just dont think its celebrateable

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Red - I do not ''celebrate'' - no drinks or jumping up and down - like you I do not find the event overly gratifying, but - on a more objective level do see some justice served, albeit very tardy justice.

If it came down to life preservation I would tho find many better and more deserving causes shall we say!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
p95 the " snail darter " ( some old epa us histrory of a worthless fish cause i know your an import ) comes to mind as a better life to preserve , but i still feel we need not celebrate the death of any human unless as above stated i need to buy the round

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
No celebration of him being executed. On the other hand there should be some limit to what the media keeps spouting. I'm currently in California (leaving tomorrow, thankfully), and that is all that's been on the news.

I guess I relly don't care how he died, he killed 4 according to the courts, so die he should!

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
First off, in my opinion, NOW HE'S REHABILITATED!!

Second of all, all the liberal bleeding hearts wanted to give him another chance. They want to appeal and repeal his death sentence. What of his victims? Where is their right to appeal, their right to a second chance?

I say, Good Riddance

·
Registered
612 Posts
I am mixed about this subject. No death should be celebrated and I know no one is doing that. But this man has now paid his debt to society. We are even.

I beleive in the death penalty and I think our system of justice sometimes takes too long, but it is what we have for right now. We have to work to change or imporve it.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Death Penalty

Even though statistics show that it is more expensive to put someone to death than to keep them in prison for life.
That is due to the "years long" numerous appeals process...I guess.:confused:
Statistics also show that the death penalty does not deter others from committing murder since the murder rate is no lower in States with the Death Penalty than those States without it.
I am FOR the Death Penalty because most brutal, heartless, and sadistic murderers would rather spend Life In Prison than be executed or...be on Death Row...and that is a good enough reason for me to favor Death for them.

I'm positive that the people they killed would sure rather have life than the instant death they received at the hands of a murderer.
Just to give them exactly what they don't want is worth the extra money to me.
I don't think it should on Pay Per View though.
Let them go through their appeals process & when that "times out" - put them to sleep....forever & without any fanfare. Then they get a combination of PITA years to sweat it out...and they still get an early & untimely EXIT from planet Earth.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Well, I guess that's the way the Tookie crumbles....

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
IMHO it should not be on pay for view.
It would be better on free TV.
So all of America can see the reward of gang life.
That's just me. thinking with my fingers.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Just Let Me Say This

If it was on TV...of course I wouldn't watch it...unless my TV just happened to already be on that channel & I couldn't find the remote.:image035:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't believe in the death penalty,... not because of some sort of 'religious' reason or such but because the perp. gets to live a relative long time after his crime, with color tv, 3 squares, library, gym , conjugal visits etc. privileges and when he is put to death, it is basically 'going to sleep' without pain or suffering. I think our 'cruel and unusual punishment' laws need to be rescinded when it comes to a murderer and he should be remanded to a lifetime of a bare cell, no extra curricular events, 3 meals/day consisting of barely life sustaining ingredients, and 16 hours /day of the most difficult and backbreaking dirty labor that could be found on this planet . Period period period !!!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
But KY - in this ''civilized'' society we now have - that wouldn't wash. There would be uproar at ''prisoner abuse'' - if he was deprived of all modern comforts!!

I do tend to agree in principle - the ''payment'' for the ultimate crime should be productive of suffering - in some cases and considering the nature of some heinous crimes - a regime that gives them ''living hell''.

But it won't happen. It wouldn't be ''fair'' - their ''rights'' would not be being followed, despite the fact that IMO those ''rights'' are relinquished by virtue of the crime.

I will admit that in severe cases I do wish to see retribution, harsh retribution. I have a black side when it comes to bad folk's paying their dues.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.