4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,839 Posts
The woman that attacked her had been stalking her for awhile, if I were her I would want a permit also.

·
Registered
36,256 Posts
She and hers have made their beds, let them sleep in them.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
She was attacked when entering her home just after noticing something was not right. A concealed pistol, used properly, would have ended the assault before it started.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
According to the article she has guns in the home but the intruders were there when she arrived home and a cc would have allowed her to arrive and enter her home armed.
According to the article,

She had an alarm system in her home, but didn't use it.
"I have decided to get a conceal and carry permit. And you can be sure I will be setting the alarm from here on out."

She may be one who gets a carry license and never actually carries.

·
Registered
739 Posts
She lives in NC which is shall issue, not California, so it won't be preferential treatment.
But her NC license won't be honored in CA when she works.. or will it?

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/northcarolina.pdf

According to Handgunlaw.us her NC license won't be valid or honored in Hollywood. Imagine that.

Wonder if she can just find "a friendly sheriff"?

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Here in lies the problem with this article: We saw that she wanted to get a CCL, the anti's will only see this:
the 58-year-old wrote that she keeps guns and ammunition in her home and was concerned one of the intruders had gotten a hold of them.
Talk about cannon fodder.

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
I don't know if she was pro-2A, anti-2A or indifferent before this attack. She did own a gun before the attack, so I suspect she's not a rabid anti-2A.

There are a lot of Pro-2A people out there that don't own guns, and many that do don't carry.

Nothing bad to say about Ms. McGillis. Glad she survived the attack, and glad she is taking further steps to protect herself. Kudos to her for coming out as a public figure and telling others of the need to carry and the rights we have to do so.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
With her being part of the liberal elite Hollywood establishment, I suppose there is no way an anti-gun sheriff will claim her reason isn't good enough like they do with non-celebs?
In North Carolina, I don't imagine an anti-gun destroyer could deny, or at least would have a very hard time denying, given that it's a shall-issue state.

In California, New Jersey, Hawaii or other similar state of arbitrary decision making on the RKBA, it wouldn't surprise me.

Hopefully the Peruta case will get to SCOTUS and they'll finally strike down the damnable "good cause" statement and arbitrary denials that are routinely practiced in such states. But I suspect it's gonna take a clean sweep of the destroyers in the courts, to get that.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
She and hers have made their beds, let them sleep in them.
Though, of course, it's OUR beds too. Everyone's.

For that reason, it's worthy of blasting out of the water, the whole house of cards related to the RKBA. That folks who attempt to support the house of cards might never thank us for toppling it, IMO that's the least thing for us to worry about. Generations from now, their children's children's children will likely thank us all for ripping the destroyers' and their impacts from our legislation. If only we can get that far.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Not that she works in CA all that much.

Her filmography is filled with a whole bunch of things I never heard of, much less saw.

But I hope she goes through with the permit, gets some training, and actually carries. And turns on her alarm!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I did not realize she lived here in North Carolina. Good for her wanting to get her permit. Getting a permit is pretty easy here. As long as she does not have any legal issues in her past, she will get it with no problems.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.