Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these with a fullsize 1911 or better yet, wear them regularly?

They are kinda pricey for a pair of jeans, but if they work well, I'd give 'em a shot. From what I've seen on the net and one article in CCW Mag, they look like a quality product and a neat idea.

I want to try them, but I want to hear from someone that already has and see how you like them.

For anyone that does like them and wear them regularly, where did you find the best price on them?

How are they sized compared to Levis?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'd be interested also. Seems like a neat idea if they are comfortable.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
CraigJS said:
Interesting, but I don't know that I'd want to pull out a pistol the way he does out of his back pocket!
+1 He pulls it out by the trigger guard! His muzzle control is also bad.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The only pistol in my jeans is the one God gave me. The other one is on my hip and has a nasty temper.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, after discussing this with a few others, it seems that they (toters) would work well for a small gun in that front pocket, but might be hard to conceal a fullsize like a 1911 without an unbuttoned cover garment.

Yes, in one of the toters vids, he has his hand on the trigger before it even clears the pocket.

Now, if they made a version with the same type of pocket at 3:30-4:00, that might work. Would still have to have some type of a cover garment, but an untucked t-shirt might work. A better scenario would just be to have a small flap over the handle for large guns. Think I'd want some kind of a quiet snap instead of a velcro "RIP" that might give me away in a tense situation like hiding behind the twinkie rack at a convenience store during a holdup. :)
This same idea would work for the current front pocket location, just add a small flap to cover the front of the pocket.

The thing I don't like about the gunpants is I don't want to wear BDU's all the time. If they made a pair out of denim that looked like a pair of Levis, except with one large pocket and maybe a couple of other smaller pockets (for mags or knife), that would be nice. Then again, in their pics, you can just barely see the end of the grip, think I'd want my gun to ride up a little higher for ease of access. I like how the entire grip is out of the toters jeans, just need a way to cover it while maintaining quick and easy access when needed.

While seated in a car, that toter front pocket would be right under the seatbelt buckle. :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
CombatEffective said:
I think that a full sized weapon would flop around and stick out too far from the body.

They probably would be nice, as said above, for a small, pocket gun.
I would tend to agree. However, if you are going with a small pocket gun it might be better to invest in a good pocket holster and save the money on the jeans. If you end up buying the Toter's Jeans please let us know how they work for you.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The Goose said:
I would tend to agree. However, if you are going with a small pocket gun it might be better to invest in a good pocket holster and save the money on the jeans. If you end up buying the Toter's Jeans please let us know how they work for you.
I have a pocket holster, but I prefer a belly band. I doubt that I'll be buying these jeans.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Toters Jeans

A solution to a non-existent problem.

·
Registered
742 Posts
No!!!

Bought a pair a couple of years ago--a loser as far as I am concerned.

I am 6', 165lb, 32" waist. Usually wear a 34" waist so I can carry IWB.

Tried these pants, and now they gather dust in the closet. Perhaps they belong in one of the holster drawers--buried.

The idea is good, but they failed to put the idea into a useable form.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I treat these as the same a CCW badges. Just a gimmick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts