Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tracking Point

How it Works

I see a lot of drawbacks for a civilian, being complexity, electronics, price, service and the like.........but...........would this be fun?

Thoughts?

Rifles

·
Super Moderator
23,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I saw it in a news report a couple of years ago and still think it's pretty cool, though expensive. I'm sure there are folks out there that have physical issues preventing them from being able to be a long distance precision shooter. Not to mention those that are just looking for a shortcut. Plus, there's not much more surprising than a computer controlled trigger pul, so it should solve any flinching problems.

Since it is a computer controlled trigger, how long before someone hacks it to run full auto? I know it defeats the primary goal, but I'm sure someone will try.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
You know, with all that complexity, just before that crucial shot you'll see:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I've been curious and watched the entire series of videos on youtube concerning this technology. At the worst case you would still be able to operate the system as if it were an old fashion dumb telescopic sight. It has multiple modes of fire up to and including being able to aim it with your smart phone as you expose just the muzzle and the optics

Some hacker types did demonstrate that they could hack the system wirelessly provided you had the wireless turned on and were using it. Since no one has duplicated this exploit recently it's likely that Tracking Point had patched that security hole without further comment.

IMHO the only real issue with this system is the expense.

Taya Kyle Wins American Sniper Shootout | TrackingPoint

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The first thing I saw was the "Save almost $8000". Maybe if I won the lottery. Cool technology though. We are slowly advancing towards what the military science fiction writers have been imagining.

Thanks for sharing R&G!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts