Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, well me and Swifty Juan did a little trading this weekend :image035: I think I did pretty good this time out.

Top- Kimber Compact Custom
Left- Browning Hi-Power Detective made by FM
Right- Taurus PT 945
I have shot the Taurus and Hi-power before and I know Swifty trusted his life on them, But I can't wait to shoot the kimber :danceban:
I'll post how it shoots later.
The best part of all is I got to walk out of the gun store with all 3 firearms the same day. We found out CA. has a Firearm ownership record form that you fill out and pay $ 19.00 / firearm and send to DOJ in CA they run a background check and send you a letter telling you that the firearm is now in your name. Much cheaper than going through a dealer.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Take a close look at the VZ brand micarta grips for that Kimber. I have them on both of my Kimber's and absolutely love 'em. -------

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Good looking lot. Thanks for the pic. How is that grip on the Browning? I've never fired one with deep finger grooves.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good weekend indeed :smilez:

Nice triple selection there.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Congratulations on three fine looking pistols - :hand10:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all. Copper Knight, Those grips are ok but not my cup of tea, I will probably change them out for wood grips. the finger groove grips help in controling recoil but they tend to be very wide ( palm swell ) I like thin grips. I really like the size for concealed carry.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I traded Swifty a SA Champion, actually it was Swifty's a few years back when I bought it off him, Took a little time to do modifications to it and I love to here him whine that he wanted it back. So he traded me the Hi-power and Taurus, another friend wanted very few $ and 3 holsters for the Kimber.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Actually, you didn't buy it (I don't think); we traded SOMETHING, what, I don't know. You didn't mention all of the toys you put on the Champion (bob tail, trick trigger with a ball bearing, etc.) You know that when the gun store manager plays with the gun for twenty minutes, and goes wow, the trade was fair! The Champion goes back on my CCW, and the two shown in the picture come off, for now; we will trade again...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Can you tell me a bit more about this form you filled out? Is it only for trades? No waiting Period

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's correct, the form is called CA DOJ, Firearm ownership record. Form # FD 4542A. It is used for trades, all it really is, is your letting DOJ know you recieved a firearm and you want it in your name. They run the back ground check on you instead of LEO. If there is a problem I was told they will come -a- knocking. Otherwise they send you a letter saying the firearm is registered in your name. You should be able to get the form from your Dealer, take it home ,( I was allowed to take the firearms with me ) fill out the form( you are allowed 3 firearms / form ) and send $19.00 / firearm. I sent the form off today so if I'm wrong I'll let you know, But the dealer said there should be no problem. I have copies of the form so if your dealer dosen't know what it is let me know and I'll try and get some to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts