Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my Walther PPK .380 in and picked up a Walther PPS in 9mm. I figued a little more firepower can't be a bad thing....:wink:

It's amazing how thin and light this gun is. Should make a great carry gun.

·
Registered
535 Posts
That's a nice gun. And wise decision regarding the upgrade in firepower. Nine is the minimum I will carry and I feel even better with 40 caliber.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Smart move! I'd never trust a .380 for SD. Better than nothing but not enough power for me. Nice choice on the pistol also.

Congrats. You can now carry with a potent round though I'm a .357 kinda guy.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yah, plus its a lot easier to find 9mm than it is to find .380

Nice trade, and a sharp looking gun as well. Congratulations

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
Good Trade... With today's small 9mm's there's really not much reason to have a .380 anymore...

Congrats! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
Is the hinged part at the bottom of the trigger guard the mag release?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Nice trade. I'm a .40 man myself these days, but I'd have no trouble carrying & trusting the 9mm round if I still had a 9mm pistol. I think you definitely got the better end of that trade there. :35:

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Congrats on your trade...a man's gotta' do what a man's gotta do.:yup::rolleyes::comeandgetsome:

·
Premium Member
7,400 Posts
Nice looking little gun. With the slim grip, it might prove to have a bite into your palm for the recoil, but if you REALLY need it, you won't notice this. If I carry a nine, I tend to stay with a high capacity and keep the issues of concealment in the holster selection. Going smaller sacrifices capacity and range. I personally would rather have a bigger round, like a 45. Or a more comfy grip surface like a 38 snub. That's more naturally "point-able" for me.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It is one of the guns I always look at when at my local gun shop and they have been getting great reviews.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have been helping my bride to be select her first CCW. I have been going to every GS possible to let her handle what she could. We stopped at another LGS I was familiar with while travelling this week. She handled a PPS and really liked it. She had settled on a G26, but her face lit up when she picked it up. Guess we are gonna have to keep looking some more.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I just traded my Walther PPK .380 in and picked up a Walther PPS in 9mm. I figued a little more firepower can't be a bad thing....:wink:

It's amazing how thin and light this gun is. Should make a great carry gun.
Looks a whole lot like my Kel Tec PF9

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the same gun several months ago and have had no problems. I tried carrying my xd 9mm sc but I could not get comfortable with it. The pps fit the bill perfectly but it not as comfortable to shoot a couple of hundred rounds downrange as the xd. I think I have the best of both worlds now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.