Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my Walther PPK .380 in and picked up a Walther PPS in 9mm. I figued a little more firepower can't be a bad thing....:wink:

It's amazing how thin and light this gun is. Should make a great carry gun.

·
Registered
535 Posts
That's a nice gun. And wise decision regarding the upgrade in firepower. Nine is the minimum I will carry and I feel even better with 40 caliber.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Smart move! I'd never trust a .380 for SD. Better than nothing but not enough power for me. Nice choice on the pistol also.

Congrats. You can now carry with a potent round though I'm a .357 kinda guy.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yah, plus its a lot easier to find 9mm than it is to find .380

Nice trade, and a sharp looking gun as well. Congratulations

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Good Trade... With today's small 9mm's there's really not much reason to have a .380 anymore...

Congrats! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Is the hinged part at the bottom of the trigger guard the mag release?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol... Good lookin 9mm.

:bier: GBK

·
Registered
672 Posts
Is the hinged part at the bottom of the trigger guard the mag release?
Yup thats how they work. Kinda like the USPs or other HK's. Wish my P2000 had that big of a release, but that is being worked on as we speak! :wink:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Nice trade. I'm a .40 man myself these days, but I'd have no trouble carrying & trusting the 9mm round if I still had a 9mm pistol. I think you definitely got the better end of that trade there. :35:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Congrats on your trade...a man's gotta' do what a man's gotta do.:yup::rolleyes::comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
866 Posts
those are great guns... that is the first Walther that I would consider buying.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I purchased a PPS 9mm last year I like it so well that I purchased a Comptac Minotaur, that makes a great carry combo.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Nice looking little gun. With the slim grip, it might prove to have a bite into your palm for the recoil, but if you REALLY need it, you won't notice this. If I carry a nine, I tend to stay with a high capacity and keep the issues of concealment in the holster selection. Going smaller sacrifices capacity and range. I personally would rather have a bigger round, like a 45. Or a more comfy grip surface like a 38 snub. That's more naturally "point-able" for me.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It is one of the guns I always look at when at my local gun shop and they have been getting great reviews.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have been helping my bride to be select her first CCW. I have been going to every GS possible to let her handle what she could. We stopped at another LGS I was familiar with while travelling this week. She handled a PPS and really liked it. She had settled on a G26, but her face lit up when she picked it up. Guess we are gonna have to keep looking some more.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I just traded my Walther PPK .380 in and picked up a Walther PPS in 9mm. I figued a little more firepower can't be a bad thing....:wink:

It's amazing how thin and light this gun is. Should make a great carry gun.
Looks a whole lot like my Kel Tec PF9

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the same gun several months ago and have had no problems. I tried carrying my xd 9mm sc but I could not get comfortable with it. The pps fit the bill perfectly but it not as comfortable to shoot a couple of hundred rounds downrange as the xd. I think I have the best of both worlds now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts