Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my daughter and I were doing a little shopping in WW and on the way home we were talking and laughing, when I looked down and saw I was going about 50 mph in a 40mph zone with that verbal Oh Dang! As I was slowing down I looked in the rear-view and the blue lights were flashing(Idaho Falls finest). So because of this forum I decided to hand him my Lic. & CWL even though it's not required in Idaho. Then he ask for my registration and insurance which I provided, he handed them back with my CWL and said let me run this(Lic.) and I'll be right back. He came back and handed me my Lic. and said drive careful, I said thank you and that was it. Never once did he ask me about my gun and I didn't get a ticket. Reminds me of when I was with an LEO friend and he flashed his badge and got out of a speeding ticket. What a great way to end the year.:bier:

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
lol, sounds like a good stop. Glad it worked out well:smile:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Good Stop... I'm glad it worked out for you...Happy New Year...

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like an uneventful stop. Obviously we all know that the CCW is not a "get out of ticket free card," but I am glad that he just checked you out and bid you adieu.
Yeah I know, humm........maybe my good looks. :rofl:

·
Registered
38,164 Posts
Sounds like you did the right thing, ... except for watching your speed in the first place!

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Sounds like an uneventful stop. Obviously we all know that the CCW is not a "get out of ticket free card," but I am glad that he just checked you out and bid you adieu.
YEP^^

Yeah I know, humm........maybe my good looks. :rofl:

Dunno, What do you look like, If its anything like me, your lucky he didn't call for the paddy wagon!!!

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk,
we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's all
get drunk and go to heaven!"
~ Brian O'Rourke

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
WHEW! Great outcome! :yup:

·
Registered
563 Posts
It's good to hear reports like that.

Thanks Rick!

Happy New Year.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Maybe he thinks you will make a great father in law.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe he thinks you will make a great father in law.
Ok my Daughters good looks, she has been pulled over more than I can count and never gets tickets. :hand5:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
That sounds like a more than reasonable traffic stop. He's out there, looking for a chance to run people, and when he find's out that you're an all around good guy (and not the droids he was looking for), he tells you to drive a bit more carefully, and sends you on your way. I'm sure you will. It's almost like a win/win.

p.s. Around here, 10 over in a 40 m.p.h. zone probably won't be used to initiate a traffic stop.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Good stop. Now use that traffic ticket money that you saved to buy more ammo:)

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
A ticket is neither good or bad...if we deserve, so be it. I just dislike hearing about the cop who has to get the gun...unload it (for your safety and his :bs2:), and then put it in your trunk.
This guy was confident and realistic...glad you didn't get the ticket, too!:hand10:

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Good deal, congrats on doing things right. I paid off for you.

I made about 20 traffic stops tonight, and ran into 3 permits holders. I got to say that the permit holders were all much more in tune with what needed to be done and why I was doing what I was doing. That just makes my job a lot easier, and I'll typically respond positively to that, but not simply the fact you have a permit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why can't they all be like you?
OK...back to reality!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts